What are you listening to and WHY might anyone be interested?

Andrew Bird-My Finest Work Yet (96/24)

3 Likes

Magnum

The Storyteller’s Collection - CD Rip

Edward

4 Likes

At times like these only Bach will care the fevered brow …

2 Likes

Helgi Jonsson.

1 Like

Blues

Lauren Jenkins

1 Like

Singer songwriter

3 Likes

If memory serves me well I think he won The Voice in France one year but don’t let that put you off this album as he shows a tremondous amount of promise.

1 Like

2 Likes

Right up there with her best

7 Likes

3 Likes

Pink Floyd

The Dark Side Of The Moon - 24/96

Edward

19 Likes

New York City’s TAUK returns with Shapeshifter II: Outbreak , a collection of songs that span from the breathtaking eclecticism of Screaming Headless Torsos to the intrepid athleticism of Dream Theater, to hip-hop’s highest heights and funk’s freakiest frankness. Oh, and throw in a dash of space rock as imagined by a group of guys who grew up in the post-lysergic, post-body paint world. It’s all done with the utmost taste, of course.

Starting the morning with The Butterfield Blues Band, 1966’s 2nd album, East-West. Blistering guitar from legends, Mike Bloomfield and Elvin Bishop, keyboard Mark Naftalin, Bass Jerome Arnold, drums Billy Davenport, and truly great harmonica from the late Paul Butterfield. One of my favourite blues albums.

9 Likes

Moving onto My Labors by Nick Gravenites, Nick is probably best known as a Producer and song writer, writing for the likes of Janis Joplin, Paul Butterfield, Electric Flag, Otis Rush, David Crosby and so on, and on. On this album he proves he’s a talented Blues vocalist and is well supported by Mike Bloomfield on guitar and Quick Silver Messenger Service.

4 Likes

Johnny Dyani quartet - Song for Biko

5 Likes

Now playing…

Paul McCartney & Wings - Band On The Run

Streaming on NAS… kicking of the day and going back 46 years in time to Paul & Wings. This album did get a lot of spins back then and nice to drive down memory lane this morning! Enjoying the ride…

21 Likes

Now playing…

Paul McCartney - Off The Ground

Streaming on NAS… continuing on with another of Paul’s albums. Hopefully ‘Off The Ground’ will get me up and moving this morning. Paul is sounding mighty fine this morning!

7 Likes

Peter Epstein quartet - The invisible

Some nice jazz by this quartet.

Peter Epstein - Alto, Tenor and Soprano sax
Jamie Saft - Piano, keyboards
Chris Dahlgren - Bass
Jim Black - Drums

3 Likes

CD - Hyperion 2002 : )

On this day in 1827, Ludwig van Beethoven died, aged 56 :cry:

12 Likes