What are you listening to and WHY might anyone be interested?

Art Blakey’s Jazz Messengers - A Night in Tunisia

I started this playing whilst listening to In Tune on BBC Radio 3 and just switched the preamp input over to ND555 without adjusting the volume. Yikes! The opening drum on the title track came through at concert levels! This is a cracking good hard bop album with great sound and spectacular playing from all players, but especially Lee Morgan (t) and Wayne Shorter (ts). Blakey’s not too bad either!

10 Likes

Yes Phil, as has Tony previously Tony 2011, Jeroen, Eric-F and a few others including myself :sunglasses:

2 Likes

switched to

FLAC 96kHz

very nice music, well interpreted

2 Likes

Lionel Ritchie for a change not played for some time.

1 Like

Bah! Rumbled!

3 Likes

Unknown-1
With the house to myself for an hour, I thought why not blast out Snoop.

3 Likes

3 Likes

Blue Matter

Another fine one from Savoy Brown, it’s hard to get off their blues train when you’re on it and this is another of theirs that’s going to hit the half century this year. Scary!

(1969)

7 Likes

2 Likes

Atb
Kk

10 Likes

Is that MacIntosh gear?

steve

1 Like

Original vinyl

Why? Wanted something rocky but not too heavy.

steve

10 Likes

JImmy Raney - Live in Tokyo

Nice guitar jazz by Jimmy Raney. Recorded in 1976.

Jimmy Raney - Guitar
Sam Jones - Bass
Leroy Williams - Drums

6 Likes

AC_US436_QL65

On vinyl…

6 Likes

7 Likes

All day I’ve been trying to play catch up with all the applications to join the forum (welcome if you’re reading this!). To that end, I’ve been ensconced in the music room all day with my laptop and I’ve been spinning LPs. This afternoon I decided to have a marathon John Martyn session, which seemed just right for the task at hand. Last one on the record player is this one; Stormbringer…

12 Likes

Mentioned on the old forum just ripped. OK I am only on track 4 of 50, yes 50 all performed by huge artists, and it is just wonderful.
All I can think is that I must have reached a certain age!

10 Likes

Nigel, glad you enjoyed the Bacharach collection

1 Like

Thanks for all your work accepting new members, must have been quite a day! Good musical accompaniment with Big John, last few days I have been enjoying rediscovering One World and Solid Air from the deluxe CD editions.

Ah yes it was you Alan who mentioned the Bacharach Collection. Great shout!

1 Like