What are you listening to and WHY might anyone be interested?

Excellent Scott Walker soundtrack from 1999 - his first full-length OST.

1 Like

Now playing…

Diana Krall - When I look In Your Eyes

Streaming on NAS… spending some time this morning with Diana, and she is sounding mighty sweet! …the bonus came when the wife wondered in the room and said, ‘very nice, beautiful’ … Life is pretty nice at the moment!

13 Likes

Augustus Pablo - King Tubbys meets Rockers Uptown.

Simply, a dub masterpiece. :sunglasses:

6 Likes

1967 - UK first (mono) pressing…

13 Likes

I love Natchez to New York - a brilliant album.

1 Like

Pete Townshend - Empty Glass, solid solo album.

7 Likes

BBM - Around The Next Dream.

Jack Bruce, Ginger Baker and Gary Moore in their short-lived collaboration as BBM.

Yes, some of the choons are reminiscent of Cream, but, Gary Moore brings a whole new dimension to things, and this, their only album, is a cracker, IMHO.

9 Likes

8 Likes

1 Like

Now playing…

Mary Chapin Carpenter - Sometimes Just The Sky

Streaming on NAS… taking Mary out for a Sunday afternoon spin with this 2018 release. Mary is timeless, a wonderful musician, songwriter and performer and have enjoyed her music for years. Mary is coming to Seattle in December with Shawn Colvin for a concert at Benaroya Hall on December 11th and ordered tickets. One sweet album!

4 Likes

2005 - Just felt like listening to Sub-Culture and True Faith, two of their finest tracks imho…

9 Likes

2 Likes

Now playing…

Sting - Mercury Falling

Streaming on NAS… Sunday afternoon and dropping back 22 years in the time machine to play Sting’s ‘Mercury Falling!’ Definitely one of my favorite albums of '96 and always had a copy in the car wherever I went, some fantastic tunes and one sweet album!

7 Likes

1 Like

The words “masterpiece” and “genius” are thrown around like so much confetti, but both are justified for this album. Oddly (or not), it’s much more highly rated in Britain than on its native soil.

1 Like

4 Likes

A lazy Monday still getting over the carnage in GOTs. Thought a touch of reality might help. Robert Forester - Inferno, if you like The Go-Betweens I think you might like this,

Followed by Bruce Hornsby- Absolute Zero, 96/24 WAV after reviews by @seakayaker and others.

3 Likes

Continuing with the Go Betweens theme, 16 Lovers Lane.

4 Likes