What are you listening to and WHY might anyone be interested?

9 Likes

Jonah Smith, 24 bit download from Bandcamp. Great album and great sounding too.

2 Likes

Listening to coverage of what is already a hugely dramatic last day of the PL season… West Ham up thanks to an incredible Nobes goal! City went down to Brighton, but only for about 15 seconds…

3 Likes

Now playing…

Ketil Bjornstad - A passion for JohnDonne

Ketil Bjørnstad (Piano), Håkon Kornstad (Tenor Saxophone, Flute, Voice), Birger Mistereggen (Percussion) and the Oslo Chamber Choir directed by Håkon Daniel Nystedt

Streaming on NAS… kicking off Sunday morning with Ketil paying homage to the English metaphysical poet John Donne (1572-1631). A collection of peaceful and beautifully composed pieces of music highlighting a number of John Donne poems. A perfect way to start off the day with this very sweet album!

4 Likes

I bought a copy of his book back around 1980, and ever since still rooting for that day i can play :laughing:

Incidentally: Bert’s Birthday was the day before yesterday; 10th May 1920
He’d be 99 years old if he hadn’t died in 2012 : /

4 Likes

2 x CD - music club 2005 : )

Fabulous double CD set, and available pre-owned via amazon for just a couple of quid. Bargain!

<>

Ian Dury was born on this day in 1942

Died of metastatic colorectal cancer on 27 March 2000, aged 57

21 Likes

10 Likes

Now playing…

Ketil Bjornstad - The Light

Ketil Bjørnstad (Piano), Randi Stene (Mezzo-Soprano) and Lars Anders Tomter (Viola).

Streaming on NAS… continuing on with Keith with some a mix of Nordic songs and a song cycle based on poetry of John Donne. I do love Ketil’s work and having a mix of music and poetry is something I really enjoy. Another sweet album!

2 Likes

Bert’s days must have been very long.

2 Likes

Dexter Gordon - Candlelight lady

5 Likes

In my case the day is 50 years long, got the book at 13 and I am still no Eric, but the book worked for him, I obviously can’t have followed the instructions properly :wink:

1 Like

Funny you mention Clapton my project this week is to master the opening riff to the Blind Faith track I had to cry today.

1 Like

Southern Avenue - Keep On

I have their eponymous album, and very good it is too, so when I saw @ewemon post this new release, I had to have a listen.

I think this one is even better, and there is only one word for it, belter! In fact I have just pre-ordered my copy, something I rarely do.

Have a listen on Tidal. Thouroughly recommended.

1 Like

The Crusaders - Images

Rather underrated IMV, but possibly my favourite Crusaders album.

6 Likes

14 Likes

Ali Farka Toure & Toumani Diabate - Ali and Toumani.

A masterclass from two giants of the music of Mali.

An absolute belter of an album, and most highly recommended.

11 Likes

one from Bonnie Tyler back in 2014, she still has a great voice

5 Likes
8 Likes

Dusty Springfield , a great voice

14 Likes