What are you listening to and WHY might anyone be interested?

We Like It Here - Snarky Puppy

2 Likes

Aargh … not finking straight … no prize for Dave then. :frowning_face:

1 Like

Soul ll Soul - Back to Life : The Collection.

Wee bit of smooth soul / funk for a lazy Sunday afternoon.

4 Likes

This is honestly the first time I’ve ever listened to this album. It was suggested to me by hearing ‘Albatross’ coming out of a neighbouring flat even though I know that track isn’t on this album.

11 Likes

Cool Uncle - Bobby Caldwell & Lack Splash

1 Like

Good call on the Mahler :+1:
but we really should have played some yesterday, it being his Death-day, in the year 1911.
Also enjoying his 7th too [ via 2 LPs from the set below ] the minor key seems appropriate :wink:

16 x LP - Phillips 1979 : )

6 Likes

My favourite 'Mac album. :smiley:

17 Likes

Wings At The Speed Of Sound, playing the whole album, as I regularly play “Silly Love Songs” for the sublime bass playing.

12 Likes

If the system has been a good boy it get’s a treat. Try ‘Green Dog’ and hear music actually tickling your eardrums.

Magic.

G

8 Likes

The Barr Brothers - Queens Of The Breakers.

Some more lazy Sunday afternoon listening with this album full of addictive melodies.

One of last year’s Forum favourites, and rightly so.

7 Likes

Now Playing…

Stefano Bollani - Joy in Spite of Everything

Stefano Bollani (Piano), Jesper Bodilsen (Double Bass), Morten Lund (Drums), Mark Turner (Tenor Saxophone) and Bill Frisell (Guitar).

Streaming on NAS… This is one fun quintet, the opening track ‘Easy Healing’ is an amazing upbeat track that never fails to bring a smile to my face. One fantastic album to kick off the day, simply sweet!

6 Likes

1585DAAF-97E3-48CF-974C-952AEA64C457

8 Likes

9 Likes

Steve Wilson, hand cannot erase.

8 Likes

Sacred Dreams - Josefin Öhrn + The Liberation

Her latest album released this year and their first since the band left Sweden to live in London. Not her strongest work but it’s growing on me, less psychedelic rock than usual and feint tones of Alison Goldfrapp in places…

3 Likes

Steve Winwood - Arc Of A Diver.

Nothing too challenging needed, on this very lazy Sunday afternoon, so this one.

14 Likes

Relaxing with nice bass sound…

3 Likes

4 Likes

Dexter Gordon - Swedish nights

Recorded in 1969. A nice jam session by Dexter Gordon an his quintet.

DEXTER GORDON, tenor sax
ROL ERICSON, trumpet
LARS SJOSTEN, piano
STURE NORDIN, bass
PELLE HULTEN, drums

6 Likes