What are you listening to and WHY might anyone be interested?

1968 - UK first pressing…

9 Likes

Because it’s sad she’s gone. Loved her voice and enjoyed her films.

10 Likes

1969 - UK first pressing…

14 Likes

First listen, nice grown up soulful pop

1 Like

I was to this album when visiting another forumite a while ago. I particularly like the lyrics to the song Watching Brazil (yes, it’s about footie)

The Rolling Stones - Grrr!

Not in the mood for anything too challenging this afternoon, (time for that later), so, disc 2 from this set, which kicks off with Jumping Jack Flash … and just gets better!

They did write and record some classic choons, didn’t they? :relaxed:

11 Likes

I’m in the mood for a Radiohead night.

8 Likes

16 Likes

His very finest album, IMHO.

2 Likes

Elvis Costello and the Attractions - Get Happy. One of my favourites in EC’s extensive catalogue.

11 Likes

6 Likes

2 x LP - [PIAS] Wall of Sound 2011 : )

<>

:balloon: Happy Birthday Grace Jones! :birthday:

71 years young TODAY! :smiley:

Still looking amazing for her age!

12 Likes

A number of tracks off the above set.

7 Likes

One of Brian Eno’s rarer albums

3 Likes

Next up is a few trax off this new Black Keys set.

4 Likes

One of my all-time favourite albums, partly for personal reasons - took my vinyl copy to every party in the late 70s and early 80s. Remarkably it is still in a playable if not perfect condition.

I was introduced to it by probably one of the few boys in our school who liked soul, reggae and funk music at the time. A big musical influence on me in fact. He explained to me how great it was as it had a fast side for dancing and then a slow side for when you were ‘with a girl’!

Even without all the memories though, it’s a fantastic album from start to finish. Not a dull moment. Even now if I make a playlist - the modern equivalent of a mix tape - for someone, ‘Fight The Power’ is usually on it.

8 Likes

Spomething I played earlier today and meant to post the Tourette Boys latest stoner rock album.

I’ve got this on pre-order, and if the rest of the album is as good as the “Lo/Hi” single it’s going to be a belter!

The Skints, Swimming Lessons

Some nice chilled Sunday evening sounds from the master

2 Likes