What are you listening to and WHY might anyone be interested?

Bill Connors - Return - 2004 US / Tone Center CD / TC 4036 2

Bill Connors - Guitar, Bill O’Connell - Piano, Lincoln Goines - Bass, Kim Plainfield - Drums

Great music and sounding compact disc recorded at the Hit Factory in New York City.

billconnersreturn

Madeleine Peyroux - Secular Hymns, recorded at the Parish Church of Saint Mary the Virgin in Great Milton, Oxfordshire. Beautiful album her earthy voice is stunning and the largely acoustic arrangements do justice to these eclectic covers.

11 Likes

The Clash - Sandinista
This album seems to have got better over the years. Enjoy this a lot more now than I did at the time of it’s release.

11 Likes

Courtney Hartman

Emily Remler - Firefly

This was preceded by Take Two in my playing sequence today, although the order is reversed when recorded and released. Great album.

3 Likes

Lukas Nelson & Promise of the Real - Turn Off The News Build A Garden. Lukas is a singer, songwriter and a guitarist who learnt his art touring with his father Willie Nelson.

3 Likes

The Doors at their best. Wonderful stuff.

12 Likes

Dave Burbeck - Blue Rondo

Nice jazz by the 1987 Dave Brubeck quartet.

3 Likes

1 Like

I love this album.I haven’t felt this way about a Springsteen album in a long time. To me this is one of those albums where you just listen to the whole thing. The whole album feels like a movie.Less Nashville, and more Monument Valley/John Ford western.A brave album too…who’d have thought Bruce with strings.Superb songwriting, sweeping sounds, Bruce in very fine voice.

CD

13 Likes

Just played on Spotify. Struggled to stay awake. Still to turn out a decent album since Born In The USA (purely my opinion, obviously!).

1 Like

The Clash - Combat Rock
On Green Vinyl

7 Likes

All the praise here convinced me to overcome my brooooce-phobia and give it a try. Crikey, Steel E. Dan. I played it all the way through, which is a rarity since I went all streamer-y. An excellent album for grown-ups (and me).

4 Likes

Nerina Pallot - Stay Lucky

@MDS introduced me to this one. In his absence maybe you to be reminded to give her a spin.

I continued playing Natalie Merchant other albums in my small collection: Ophelia and The Collection. I think I like the latter best of all.

Phil

3 Likes

2 Likes

On vinyl…:notes::sunglasses:

12 Likes

12 Likes

Yellowjackets - A rise in the road

Nice album by the Yellowjackets with a good contribution from guest trumpet player Ambrose Akinmusire.

2 Likes

Thin Lizzy - Johnny The Fox
On Brown Vinyl

8 Likes

Iron and Wine - Our Endless Numbered Days. I’ve got a few of his later albums but lack some of his earliest works, so picked this 15th anniversary CD up this weekend. More acoustic than his later albums.

5 Likes