What are you listening to in 2020 and WHY might anyone be interested?

Really enjoying this throwback to my schooldays…wishing I was older so I could ‘do stuff’!

12 Likes

Lloyd Cole Anti Depressant

5 Likes

Time of a bit of 80s pop, Phil Collins Hello, I Must Be Going.

14 Likes

Hi all girls and boys!
Still somewhere out there.
Hope you’re doing great (viruses aside).

13 Likes

I have this on vinyl and everytime I look at the cover I see Mr Spock. :flushed:

5 Likes

Most of my earlier Santana vinyl on Columbia, Virgin shops had US imports before the UK release, I couldn’t wait!

5 Likes

Whitesnake - Lovehunter
Before they went all hair metal

7 Likes

Pearl Jam. Gigaton. I’m not the biggest fan of contemporary heavy rock but I do like Pearl Jam and anyway this cd was bought for me. Sounds good and as usual beautifully packaged.

3 Likes

Supertramp - Crime Of The Century
24/192 Flac

24 Likes

This has to be one of my all time favourite albums…

17 Likes

She has a nice hat, according to my wife

Claude

3 Likes

Crowded House - Woodface

19 Likes

Edsel 1985 vinyl reissue of Sly’s landmark 1971 album.

9 Likes

Now playing…

Eleni Karaindrou - Eternity And A Day - Film by Theo Anglelopoulos

Eleni Karaindrou (Piano), Sergiu Nastasa (Violin), Renato Ripo (Violoncello), Iraklis Vavatsikas (Accordion), La Camerata, Athens: Loukas Karytinos (Director), Vangelis Christopoulos (Oboe), Nikos Guinos (Clarinet), Spyros Kazianis (Bassoon), Vangelis Skouras (French Horn), Aris Dimitriiadis (Mandolin), Manthos Halkias (Clarinet), Kostas Siamidis (Lyra from Pontos), Kostas Sahinidis (Accordion), Katrin Zenz (Flute) and Fabrizio Bentivoglio (Voice).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… opening this morning with Eleni’s ‘Eternity and a Day’ on another cool, overcast and damp morning. The music is warm, comforting and peaceful and a lovely way to settle into the day. Sounding mighty fine!

1 Like

Small Faces - The First Step
Still known as the Small Faces on there 1970 debut, but now without Steve Marriott and with the addition Rod and Ronnie it wouldn’t be long before they became the Faces.
From the You Can Make Me Dance, Sing or Anything 1970-1975 box set.

21 Likes

On Vinyl:

24 Likes

Well you need a hat on such a cold day.

3 Likes

Sly’s first album, from 1967. 2007 Epic reissue CD with bonus cuts. All the pieces are already in place:

11 Likes

Matchbox Twenty -
More Than You Think You Are

Not as good as their initial release Yourself Our Someone Like You but a decent album nonetheless

Mozart - Don Giovanni
Schwarzkopf, Sutherland, Philharmonia Orchestra / Guilini

According to the Penguin Guide this version sets the standard by which all others are judged. Fair enough.

5 Likes