What are you listening to in 2020 and WHY might anyone be interested?

Now playing…

Ulrich Drechsler Trio - Beyond Words

Ulrich Drechsler: (Clarinet), Benny Omerzell (Piano) and Lukas König (Drums).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… continuing on into the noon hour with another album from Ulrich Drechsler and it is sounding mighty fine.

2 Likes

IMG_0832

Continuing with some more funk. Betty Davis - They Say I’m Different.

3 Likes

17 Likes

The original release = the best!

2 Likes

My schoolboy French makes that “Staircase To The Scaffold”? Uplifting!

…and I remember going to the cinema on its day of release. SQ has never been brilliant but I wouldn’t trade it for any of he remixes, re-releases and all that crap that Page cooked up and repackaged.

3 Likes

Purchased earlier today, first play

Henfy McCullogh - Ballywonderland, enjoying it so far.

3 Likes

Now playing…

Bai Kamara Jr & The Voodoo Sniffers - Salone

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… this was mentioned in the last couple of days and I placed in the queue and now taking out for a spin. The opening track is sounding mighty fine and look forward to the rest of the album.

7 Likes

It was a great fund for me last year…sung from the
heart, great guitar playing, enjoy.

1 Like

Very good second outing

2 Likes

Felix laband dark days exit

1 Like

Because it’s vinyl Friday.

16 Likes

100 years from now people will still be playing that album on vinyl Friday :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Cheers Gazza, it was your frequent posting that helped me take a punt.As you say, sung from the heart, it’s not something I’m going to be blasting out, but perfect for this time of the evening, thanks again :+1:

1 Like

Nah, they’ll be living in a post apocalyptic world and they’ll be playing Helter Skelter from the white album! :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Now playing…

Frazey Ford - U Kin B The Sun

Frazey Ford (Vocals, Grand Piano, Keyboards, Acoustic Guitar), Caroline Ballhorn (Vocals), Erik-Nielsen (Vocals), Darren Parris (Bass Guitar), Leon Power (Drums), Craig McCaul (Electric Guitar), John Raham (Keyboards), Phil Cook (Keyboards) and John Raham (Percussion).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… continuing on this afternoon with this album that was recently mentioned and taking out for a spin. Enjoying the upbeat sound on this Friday afternoon and look forward to the rest of the album.

7 Likes

Be positive Tony I hope they will be listening to “All you need is love “ Altogether now.

1 Like

Norah Jones - Pick Me Up Off The Floor

13 Likes

Norah been drinking again?

3 Likes

Love your optimism, Graham. That was the hippie era and If I remember correctly one of the members also proclaimed “The Dream Is Over”. Look what happened to him! :flushed:

1 Like