What are you listening to in 2020 and WHY might anyone be interested?

Easy mistake to make. It took me a while to realise that “Echoes” by PF was actually called Meddle!:crazy_face::wink:

3 Likes

Fancied something relaxing before dinner :-

Recent acquisition - CD rip - very nice !!

4 Likes

folder
folder
Both albums by Barrelhouse the top one is from 74 and the second album is from 2016

PJ Harvey - Is This Desire

Mostly playing because I’d noticed it wasn’t visible within Roon so I went looking for the files and they were missing. Strange, I’m sure they were there. Checked my ‘CD Spreadsheet’ and found out that I did own it and got the number of the archive box it was in… then went into the attic and dragged the box out and ripped (or is it re-ripped?) the CD. Strange.

Listening to it, it’s a competent enough album but probably not one I’d miss if it wasn’t present- maybe that’s what happened in ‘the great ripping of 2018’ when the CDs got ripped and catalogued- perhaps this one just got catalogued.

1 Like

The Swing Connection; Opus in Plastic. 1981. Vinyl. Saved this from going to a skip. Really enjoyable nostalgia.

1 Like

8 Likes

Beethoven Number 6. Overtures. Vinyl.

R-1045232-1476296406-1980.jpeg

8 Likes

Because it is good.

Richard & Linda Thompson - Hard Luck Stories CD 1- 16/44 FLAC download
Rarities from the start of their collaboration, some superb songs, guitar work and singing is as superb as you’d expect, still quite folky, but masterful songwriting. After the disappointment of the physical box-set great to hear the music without skips, fingers crossed that anyone else here who ordered it gets a good ‘un.

9 Likes

A Masterpiece. Saw them at the Golden Bear in Huntington Beach in '67. Yeah, I’m ancient.

10 Likes

Cooking even g meal to the sound of Suzanne Vega

Remember her from way back when with Marlene on the Wall and Luka

Suggested by @Gazza

Really enjoying this definitely added to listen again pile.

12 Likes

On CD (Pink Floyd - The Endless River)

Why? A post grandchildren and dinner relaxation.

stevev

10 Likes

The Doors | The Singles (remastered) | 2017
This double album popped up without any fanfare a few years ago, it sounds wonderful and does what it says on on the tin with most of the boys finest, great stuff and totally recommended, 44 wonderful tracks.

7 Likes

Richard & Linda Thompson - Sunnyvista - 16/44 FLAC download
Another album from the new box-set, more classy songwriting, guitar and vocal work, and lots of extra tracks. This boxset is a fantastic piece of work, despite the production issues.

9 Likes

I keep coming back to this.

Good Sunday night listening.

1 Like

Toots & The Maytals - The Essential Collection.

Just gotta be, innit. :frowning_face:

11 Likes

Not a huge Vega fan, but i do like an album that catches the performance, this is great for fans and just music lovers.

12 Likes

Had to give this a spin on a sunny Sunday afternoon - the 45rpm MoFi version

22 Likes

Big Star’s #1 Record. Released in 1972 and sold a few copies now regarded as a classic. In fact every track is a classic song.

7 Likes