What are you listening to in 2020 and WHY might anyone be interested?

Dave Brubeck Quartet - Time Out

Vinyl.

Just heard an interview with his son, Darius, and a music commentator on Today. At one stage, Dave Brubeck drove animals twelve hours a day. He built the rhythms of the horses hooves into some of his compositions. He was very attuned to sounds in his environment. Passing cars, busses etc.

11 Likes

The Dave Brubeck Quartet - Time Out / 1997 Columbia / Austria HDCD / CK 65122

Checking the disc details I remembered that this is a HDCD as it lit up on the CDX2.2 !

@Christopher_M You influenced my first choice of the day! :+1:

15 Likes

Prince

Sign O’ The Times

First album from today’s new releases on Qobuz, 3 song’s in and Prince sounding as good as ever.

Edward

12 Likes

Paul Weller - Stanley Road

Vinyl. Can’t pull myself away.

7 Likes

Just released and she is sounding mighty fine

11 Likes

Marcus Miller - Renaissance / 2012 Concord / US CD / CJA 33794 02

Still my favorite of MM’s recent releases.

mmillerrenaissance

3 Likes

I’ll second that superb.

1 Like

Classic Records 200g vinyl. Why? Because it was 40 years ago today that Bonzo died after an epic drinking spree. It was on this album that - within seconds of the firs track starting - his titanic drumming was first heard by the wider world. All these years later, his drumming has never been bettered; certainly nobody had that combination of power, speed, swing and funk then, and certainly not since.

27 Likes

I have that mastering, it’s really good
:+1:

11 Likes

Rare Studio One album of vintage Jamaican Jump Up Riddim n Blooze just pre dating the Ska era.
Download at Bandcamp or stream from Tidal Quobuz

:sunglasses:

2 Likes

Now plaing-

![3|690x335]

9 Likes

MoreZep in memory of Bonzo. This famous boot, recorded at the group’s beloved LA Forum on the troubled 1977 tour, contains the most jaw-dropping drumming I have ever heard. Bonham’s stick and footwork on the opening “Song Remains The Same” can only be described as utterly insane (as well as defying the laws of physics)!

10 Likes

Enjoying this one by Carrie Underwood

1 Like

Well done @anon10403888 and @seakayaker for that exchange, respect going each way, no wonder we all enjoy this forum so much.

I just hope Mr SK that you are cutting and pasting that list!!

I do wonder though, why people are getting credits for “handclapping” and “finger snaps” - do you get more money for that? I’m available if that is the case :rofl:

2 Likes

The Rolling Stones

Steel Wheels Live

Edward

12 Likes

Prince - Purple Rain
Kevin Gray Master
On Vinyl

16 Likes

I needed a bit of motivation for my gym session this morning and this fitted the bill nicely

Thin Lizzy - Live And Dangerous

One of my all time favourite live albums along with -
AC/DC - If You Want Blood You Got It
UFO - Strangers In The Night
Deep Purple - Made In Japan
Led Zeppelin - The Song Remains The Same

Not a bad top five
Perhaps a best live album thread is called for

14 Likes

Absolutely love Thin Lizzy, saw them Live a few times including the Bad Reputation and Johnny The Fox tours. A band that were always to me better Live than on record.
These are good uns too
Thin_Lizzy_Still_Dangerous_cover R-2894746-1383187771-4450.jpeg R-2894746-1383187797-5855.jpeg

Have you seen Limehouse Lizzy? Phenomenal tribute band
download.jpeg

:+1:

6 Likes

Pink Floyd - Atom Heart Mother
On Vinyl

20 Likes