What are you listening to in 2020 and WHY might anyone be interested?

Happy New Year Graham.

1 Like

Jimmy Smith & Wes Montgomery - Jimmy & Wes, The Dynamic Duo.

9 Likes

Keb’ Mo’ - Just Like You - WAV CD rip
Earlier listen, he’s such a classy blues guitarist and singer, this album is a joy.

14 Likes

Nice choice Eoin, and a Happy New Year too, just thought I’d catch whilst you are still on line.

1 Like

2 Likes

And you Alan, funnily enough the current album made me think of you and I was going to tag you. (Watch this space.)

1 Like

Happy New Year Graham!

1 Like

Lindisfarne - Live - WAV CD rip
One of the great folk rock bands captured live nearly half a century ago, storming performances of most of their finest songs in front of a great audience. They had fantastic tender songs and infectious cloud pleasers in their repertoire, they were a band with great technical musicians who always teetered on the edge of falling apart and always played brilliantly with heart, this album is a blast. The SQ is a bit variable, but who cares, just sing along with a great band playing up a storm. Happy New Year @AlanP

6 Likes

This really should be in the 2021 thread, T Rex Eclectic Warrior (Remastered and expanded)

17 Likes

My last for this year.

Otis Taylor Hey Joe SACD

10 Likes

Now playing…

Patricia Barber - Cafe Blue

Patricia Barber (piano, vocals), Michael Arnopol (bass), John McLean (guitar), Mark Walker (drums, percussion) and Maya Angelou (spoken word).

Streaming on NAS (44.1/16)… returning from a walk through the neighborhood with my wife and moving into a late afternoon exercise routine with Patricia’s ‘Cafe Blue’ and she is sounding mighty sweet! …I could not think of a better musician to begin New Years evening with then Patricia who has a fabulous voice, is one fantastic pianist, composer and band leader and this is one very sweet album!

Some of you are into the New Year, here on the West Coast of US we still got 7 plus hours to go before midnight arrives! …if you are out partying, or staying home, then please stay safe out there while having fun!

12 Likes

Old fashioned low budget “hobo” music

I dig it, some bourbon and I am away on my three string guitar :upside_down_face:

7 Likes

Pallas, Metamorphosis, bandcamp

Start the day with Pallas again.

Am I really the first person awake today?

2 Likes

Madness - One Step Beyond…

8 Likes

Respect !
I was then a 12 year old boy…

1 Like

My six year old grandson’s most requested song. Heaven knows where he first heard it.

2 Likes

Pink Floyd, A Saucerful Of Secrets (2011 remaster), cd rip

Let’s get some proper ‘older listener’ music on :wink:

8 Likes

@Richard.Dane

Richard,

Time to close this off, as we now have the 2021 thread going?

I can’t see anyone with a time machine wanting to revisit 2020!

4 Likes

Indeed. The thread continues into 2021 here…

1 Like