What are you listening to in 2020 and WHY might anyone be interested?

Cheers Gazza, I think I’ve seen it :+1:

1 Like

Yes, that’s fantastic value for such superb music.

1 Like

Now playing…

Jon Balke w/Oslo 13 - Nonsentration

Jon Balke (Keyboards), Per Jørgensen (Trumpet), Nils Petter Molvaer (Trumpet), Torbjørn Sunde (Trombone), Morten Halle (Alto Saxophone), Tore Brunborg (Tenor Saxophone), Henninge Landaas (Tenor Saxophone), Audun Kleive (Drums), Jon Christensen (Drums, Percussion), Finn Sletten (Percussion) and Miki N’Doye (Percussion).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… moving on this afternoon and taking Jan’s fantastic ‘Nonsentration’ album out for a spin and it is sounding mighty fantastic! Love the supporting cast in this orchestra, an all star line up and one sweet album…

3 Likes

Prefab Sprout - Steve McQueen, brilliant '80’s pop.

16 Likes

Not played this in a while

Counting Crows - Hard Candy

Not sure why as I consider it one of their best

8 Likes

10 Likes

5 Likes

Back to the 80’s mix by Miracle Mile
Great selection of top hits superbly mixed. With a great art cover as well😊

Now Playing…

Jon Balke & Magnetic North Orchestra - Kyanos

Jon Balke (Piano, Keyboards), Per Jørgensen (Trumpet, Vocal), Arve Henriksen (Trumpet), Morten Halle (Saxophones, Flute), Svante Henryson (Violoncello), Anders Jormin (Double-Bass) and Audun Kleive (Drums, Percussion).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… continuing on into the mid-afternoon with another album from Jon, this time with a 2002 release and he is surrounded by many familiar musicians. This septet sounds special and the music is mighty sweet!

1 Like

13 Likes

Yellowjackets - The Spin - 1989 MCA / Japan Promo CD / 22P2 2905

My original US CD of The Spin was in a very nice ‘Long Box’ but sadly that was damaged on delivery - although the disc, case and booklet were fine. When I had the chance to pick up this Japanese promo for a good price I didn’t hesitate. The opener ‘Geraldine’ is a wonderful fan favorite and rightly so.

4 Likes

Alt-J - An Awesome Wave. Fabulous, inventive debut album from 2012. Give it a go, sounds great on vinyl.

10 Likes

Grant Green - Grantstand, last for the evening.

8 Likes

Elbow’s stripped down COVID Locked down sessions in MQA 44.1

4 Likes

Folder

Folder

8 Likes

14 Likes

Now playing…

Mathias Eick - Skala

Mathias Eick (Trumpet, Vibraphone, Electric Guitar, Upright Bass), Audun Erlien (Electric Bass), Andreas Ulvo (Piano), Torstein Lofthus (Drums), Tore Brunborg (Tenor Saxophone), Gard Nilssen (Drums), Morten Qvenild (Keyboards) and Sidsel Walstad (Harp).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… Continuing into the late afternoon with another album from Mahias and as @anon4489532 noted recently this is one smooth album and I find it is sounding mighty fine! A wonderful and talented group of musicians…

3 Likes

I have no idea why I’ve been humming this all morning, only way to get rid of a ear worm is play it. Bowie Let’s Dance.

16 Likes

Brian Wilson Presents Smile.

11 Likes

Warren Zevon Genius Greatest Hits.

10 Likes