What are you listening to in 2020 and WHY might anyone be interested?

Agree that this is excellent. Listened to it for the first time on Sunday and has fast become my album of the year so far. The second half sequence of songs from We’ll Make It Through to the last song Highway to the Sun is just lovely.

2 Likes

John Reischman is a terrific bluegrass mandolin player. He played at one of our WemsFest concerts (remember live music?) last year and gave me this. It’s excellent and well worth checking out.

1 Like

12 Likes

Santana - Spirits Dancing In The Flesh
Album 16 of 16 from The Columbia Studio Albums Collection

12 Likes

On CD again.

IMG_1901

Why? More in the same vein…

steve

15 Likes

Take a listen to New Lore or Madman by Sean Rowe, my favourites of his.

1 Like

OK, but(t) what first attracted you to this album?

4 Likes

I saw the comment, then clicked to see what the album, was…lucky i was not drinking anything as i would have spat it out laughing.

1 Like

Hard swinging new album (on CD) from soulful guitarist and the brilliant WDR Big Band.

2 Likes

Floyd Lee - Mean Blues

Thanks to @ewemon for reminding me of this gentleman.

If you are partial to the Blues, you’ll love this.

Mean Blues indeed.

Belter!

9 Likes

Now playing…

Azimuth - Azimuth

Norma Winstone (Voice), Kenny Wheeler (Trumpet, Fluegelhorn) and John Taylor (Piano, Synthesizer).

Streaming on NAS (44.1/16)… continuing on this morning with Azimuth, a group that I have not had out for a spin in some time. …and “Sirens’ Song” is sounding sublime!

2 Likes

Graham played some KHB earlier on so here is some more Mr Miller. He’s rather good. Been doing it for over 50 years.:sunglasses:

4 Likes

LP - music on vinyl 2012 reissue : )

<>

:balloon: :balloon: Happy Birthday Stanley Clarke! :balloon: :birthday:

born in Philadelphia, 1951 :us:

69 years old Today! :smiley:

16 Likes

Floyd Lee Band - Doctors, Devils & Drugs

1 Like

There is an excellent 2013 vinyl pressing available of this fabulous album.
It’s amazing it can still be bought new, they only pressed 750 copies so a case of grab a copy while you can :+1:

6 Likes

Got too lazy to get the vinyl out.
I remember well when it first came out, Debs. Some of us were the first ones to get a copy and mine is no. 86. Others like SteveJ and QUAD(graham) were also quite fond of the album. Cheers.:sunglasses:

8 Likes

Yes, the original HU came from Dr Blues ( SteveJ ) :smile:

3 Likes

Watermelon Slim - Traveling Man

6 Likes

Tony. You and @Debs have made me realise just how little I know. There was a tlme way back before the days of this forum when I moved in circles that regarded me as the font of musical knowledge . I’ll get me coat.:disappointed: Miller Anderson lined up for tonight though :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Nerve Net [1992]
I was away to play some early Santana but this one from Brian Eno caught my eye when the library opened.

8 Likes