What are you listening to in 2020 and WHY might anyone be interested?

Now playing…

Azimuth - The Touchstone

John Taylor (Piano, Organ), Norma Winstone ( Voice) and Kenny Wheeler (Trumpet, Fluegelhorn).

Streaming on NAS (44.1/16)… continuing on this morning with another album from Azimuth and Kenny is sounding fantastic on the opening of the first track ‘Euogy.’ Another fantastic album from this trio!

4 Likes

Soundtrack to Clockwork Orange. I’d forgotten just how much I enjoy this!

15 Likes

I’ve seen this on theRiver . Are you familiar with this edition?

1 Like

‘Fraid not - original soundtrack is the only one I’ve ever owned or heard.

1 Like

If anyone likes The Holmes Brothers or the Blind Boys of Alabama then this is one for you.

Far better album than their first

Video is the first track on the album

4 Likes

Don Bryant - You make Me Feel

Great, old school Soul.

Love it!

6 Likes

Now playing…

Azimuth with Ralph Towner - Depart

John Taylor (Piano, Organ), Norma Winstone (Voice), Kenny Wheeler (Fluegelhorn, Trumpet) and Ralph Towner (12 String and Classical Guitar).

Streaming on NAS (44.1/16)… Continuing on this morning with Azimuth with Ralph Towner joining to make it a Quartet. The opening track is sounding superb and this album may be favorite of Azimuth’s recordings, love it!

4 Likes

Ayo - Ayo

Again, something I shouldn’t like, but do. Classy Pop with a Reggae vibe, in a similar vein to Joss Stone’s ‘Water For Your Soul’.

3 Likes

Phoar. What a guitar player !! :sunglasses:

12 Likes

The Duke on vinyl. Just majestic – but then he always is.

11 Likes

Allegri String Quartet - Beethoven + Britten - 1999 naim / Austria CD / naimcd027

8 Likes

Teenage Fanclub - Shadows.

4 Likes

The new album from Rymden, out September 18th. 'Tis very good!

2 Likes

S.M.V. - Thunder
Stanley Clarke + Marcus Miller + Victor Wooten - 2008 Dreyfus / French CD / FDM 46050 369212

Saw SC play at the ‘Fleece’ in Bristol in 2017 and he was in spectacular form.

7 Likes

Big Star - Radio City

After their #1 Record, this is a bit disjointed, as if the band are not timing well together, but still some catchy tunes so worth a spin. I’m not selling this one very well am I?

5 Likes

It’s got a bit funky! :grinning:

4 Likes

Miller Anderson. Bluesheart. Thanks @anon71888798 . Another great blues album. My education continues :sunglasses:

6 Likes

Only started listening to Bob recently and there is lots to get through but you have to start somewhere.

20 Likes

The title in the right hand top corner of course :blush: Butt later on I saw the curves. Not bad at all. Here is the volume 2. I really like the skate board. Still great music.

Lynyrd Skynyrd - Gimme Back My Bullets

My favourite from this fantastic band. Wore out two cassette tapes, four LP’s and finally gave in and got the cd. This is my second copy. It gets a lot of play in this house. It helps that Mrs. G. likes it too.

15 Likes