What are you listening to in 2020 and WHY might anyone be interested?

Erm, … forgotten what I was about to say … point proven, methinks. :persevere:

8 Likes

Lou Reed - New York
On Vinyl

20 Likes

On vinyl:

Steve Gibbons Band - Saints & Sinners

7 Likes

Debbie Harry and Chris Stein were doing a tour/chat and I was going to hear them in April in the UK I think but lockdown put paid to that. As a teenager she was on a poster on the wall but I was always fascinated with Chris, he was the brains and always lugged a hassleblad about to take photo’s. He actually did a book and some of the pics are great insight into NY life and CBGB’s etc at the time. In interviews he always comes over very cerebral.

1 Like

Almost Famous Soundtrack - Various Artists

6 Likes

Indeed, the thinking man’s punk band, though not really punk in its truest sense.

1 Like

And don’t forget Clem Burke - enormously talented drummer

3 Likes

Great album, lou’s best imo.

3 Likes

Supertramp - Breakfast in America

26 Likes

Poor Debbie. She missed her opportunity. Blondie were playing a music-biz showcase at (I think) the Roundhouse in Camden in March '78, just before they broke in the UK. A friend and I snuck in through the stage door. My drunken pal tripped over a cable and landed on a large bouncer, who proceeded to kick the stinky stuff out of him. I waded in, and was dealt with in much the same manner. We were tossed out and, as I was dusting off my leathers, the band made their way across from the dressing room (a separate building). I asked Debbie if she could get me into the show. She apologised sweetly and blew me a kiss. I had no choice but to walk out of her life forever – something she undoubtedly regrets to this day.

10 Likes

Van Baerle Trio - Beethoven Complete Piano Trios -Qobuz hires

The musicians are new to me, but they are exceptionally good and the music is wonderful and very exciting. Can’t recommend this collection enough.

Phil

4 Likes

Yes, turned up a little loud.

3 Likes

15 Likes

Steely Dan - Gaucho

19 Likes

David Bowie - Blackstar
On Vinyl

21 Likes

Miles Davis - My Funny Valentine

Wow!! These guys were really on it, and what makes it extra special is that it is a live recording. Sublime!

13 Likes

Listened to this earlier. Joe Henry - Blood From Stars. It’s quite Tom Waits-esque. On checking the musicians, I note that Waits’ favoured guitarist, Marc Ribot, plays guitar on the album.

7 Likes

Such an exciting band live. Made you wanna “get up and dance”. Great choice, must dig out some my SGB.

2 Likes

Another one from earlier, Cease To Begin by Band Of Horses.

7 Likes

Ray LaMontagne - Monovision

A couple of Trax in and sounding really good

13 Likes