What are you listening to in 2020 and WHY might anyone be interested?

9 Likes

Love the themed “speaker stand”.

Now playing…

Susanne Abbuehl - April

Susanne Abbuehl (Voice), Wolfert Brederode (Piano, Harmonium, Melodica), Christof May (Clarinet, Bass Clarinet) and Samuel Rohrer (Drums, Percussion).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… kicking off this morning with Susanne and this fine quartet and she is sounding mighty sweet and the other members of the quartet are sounding sublime! A great way to start the day…

1 Like

20 Likes

Now playing…

Susan Abbuehl - The Gift

Susanne Abbuehl (Voice), Matthieu Michel Flugelhorn), Wolfert Brederode (Piano, Indian Harmonium) and Olavi Louhivuori (Drums, Percussion).

Streaming on Qobuz (88.2/24)… continuing on this morning with another of Susan’s albums, ‘The Gift.’ She has such a beautiful voice and once again a fine group of musicians supporting her in this quartet. This is one sweet album!

6 Likes

I played that a couple of hours ago…

1 Like

Beautiful music from the Tarkovsky Quartet. Francois Couturier, Anja Lechner, Jean-Louis Matinier and Jean-Marc Larche.

2 Likes

Jefferson Airplane - Crown of Creation - WAV CD rip
Following Tony with this high point of psychedelic rock, great songs, great musicianship and amazing vocals.

12 Likes

Clannad Legends…really nice well produced album…

3 Likes

Paul Brady - The missing Liberty Tapes - WAV CD rip
The great singer-songwriter live singing trad Irish folk numbers in 1978, joined at various times by some of the cream of Irish folk musicians, Andy Irvine, Matt Molloy, Liam Og O’Flynn… Fantastic trad folk performances from a master singer and wonderful playing from Brady and his mates, the pipe work from Liam O’Flynn on a couple of numbers is sublime.

2 Likes

I remember hearing this album, at school, in about 75, I "got it "straight away. Been a fan ever since. Have seen them live before and after.

Beautiful playing, lovely recording

5 Likes

Paul Weller

1 Like

Some great singers pulled together by ALW

7 Likes

Cheap Trick - at Budokan.

6 Likes

This a groovy 1974 ECM release - Dave Liebman Drum Ode. Quite a cast list too. There is quite a contrast in covers between my cd version (Black and white) and the vinyl version which I feel is more representative of the music.

1 Like

Remember Shakti - Saturday Night in Bombay - WAV CD rip
Indo-Jazz fusion, John McLaughlin on guitar and several master Indian musicians recorded live. 4 wonderful long pieces, each rhythmically and texturally complex and played beautifully by musicians who have complete mastery of their instruments and who interact with each other with complete understanding.

3 Likes

I loved seeing The Smiths live and this brings back great memories.

6 Likes

I like to revisit this loscil gig to get into a relaxed state of mind. I’d recommend bookmarking, as it’s a good way to explore the world of Scott Morgan.

loscil on Bandcamp, ideal for tomorrows fee free day.

https://loscil.bandcamp.com/

1 Like

The Clash - London Calling.

Probably their best album; although I’ll possibly change my opinion about that when I listen to their debut album next. Bought this when it came out, I don’t think there’s a bad track on it.

Also definitely a top-ten album cover (but, not so good as T-Rex’s Electric Warrior- IMO).

18 Likes