What are you listening to in 2020 and WHY might anyone be interested?

Not listening to it… Yet. But cued up.

T-Rex - Electric Warrior.

Great album, even if it does sound a little dated in places now. Fantastic cover.

18 Likes

LP - Chrysalis reissue : )

Deborah Harry - vocals
Chris Stein - guitar, tympani
Jimmy Destri - piano, organ, synthesizer, background vocals
Frank Infante - guitar, background vocals
Nigel Harrison - bass, background vocals
Clem Burke - drums, background vocals

Recorded at United Western Recorders, Hollywood. 1980

21 Likes

Never heard of him before but trying now. Even on Spotify it sounds great. Thanks for the heads up, that’s what I like about this forum, loads of great recommendations

The Alan Parsons Project The Sicilian Defence’. First time of hearing, having just acquired the studio recordings collection of TAPP. Different compared to the earlier recordings, but quite enjoyable. Worth another play or two I think.

5 Likes

Van Morrison - Wavelength.

14 Likes

Good morning all. If I’m one the youngest I certainly wouldn’t be lending any money to any of the others. :rofl:

1 Like

Now playing…

Susanne Abbuehl - Compass

Susanne Abbuehl (Vocals), Wolfert Brederode (Piano), Christof May (Clarinet, Bass Clarinet), Lucas Niggli (Drums, Percussion) and Michel Portal (Clarinet).

Streaming on NAS (44.1/16)… continuing on this afternoon with Susanne in this quintet format. Her voice lovely as ever and wonderful musicians make this album such a pleasure to listen to. It also with the mention of poetry from James Joyce and William Carlos Williams mixed in it is a bonus. This is one sweet album!

1 Like

Motorhead - Overkill.

Another absolutely classic album cover. I think the image made Motorhead; that and the umlaut.

Bought this around the time it came out and saw them in Bristol a year or so later, one of the loudest concerts I’d been to. Happy days!

Not sure this is late night music; even with open back headphones on…

6 Likes

On vinyl…

19 Likes

Now playing…

Mary Chapin Carpenter - Sometimes Just The Sky

Mary Chapin Carpenter (Acoustic Guitar, Vocals), Dave Bronze (Bass), Stephanie Jean (Harmonium, Omnichord, Organ, Piano, Wurlitzer), Ethan Johns (Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar, Mandocello, Mandolin, Mountain Dulcimer, Slide Guitar, Tiple), Georgina Leach (Viola, Violin), Duke Levine (E-Bow, Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar, Mandolin) and Jeremy Stacey (Drums, Percussion).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/24)… Out for a haircut, first one in months, and coming back home decided it would be nice to listen to Mary’s "Sometimes Just The Sky.’ It is a beautiful day out there and being outside I felt like Mary sitting in the chair just taking it all in. Life is grand is the music is sweet!

8 Likes

Pete John Denver in addition to be a singer songwriter he also made a couple movies. They were called if memory serves me well oh God. His co-star was George Burns playing the part of God. John Denver was really good and unfortunately died in a personal plane crash.

1 Like

Would say I was a huge fan, I don’t dislike it, there are some wonderful tracks on the greatest hits. Tracks like Home Again and Rocky Mountains High a gems.

Start my early Friday evening enjoying my newly arrived Taj Mahal album, The Natch’l Blues.

9 Likes

Wishbone Ash. Coat of arms. This is another band that I am discovering in a haphazard manner. I’m guessing this is actually a newly recorded album which would mean I’ve got 50 years of catch up. Thoroughly enjoying . Thanks to @anon37685938 who started me off.

8 Likes

These guys are absolutely brilliant, it’s a jazz trio but don’t expect the trio jazz cliche, this is a different art form. Highly highly recommended for people who also dig Tord Gustavsen, while it’s not comparable with Tord, give it a try

2 Likes

EnGenius Webinar, office PC

Work day…

1 Like

Bob Dylan Tempest.

17 Likes

Atb
Kk

3 Likes

On another thread I mentioned I’d just added a SCDR to my 282 and how it enhanced replay. The ‘little cues’ I noted are abundant on this Carnegie Hall recording. The way he more distinctly rolls the ‘r’ early in this track (among other things unheard before) just helps bring the performance alive in the room.

Takes the 282 to another level.

G

16 Likes

Paul Weller

On Sunset (Deluxe Edition)

Edward

2 Likes