What are you listening to in 2020 and WHY might anyone be interested?

The magnificent ninth from this set, currently on Qobuz, but not after tomorrow, when my own copy should arrive.

6 Likes

Now playing…

Ketil Bjornstad - The Sea

Ketil Bjørnstad (Piano), David Darling ( (Cello), Terje Rypdal (Guitars) and Jon Christensen (Drums).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… continuing on through the noon hour with Ketil and the beautiful album ‘The Sea’ which was released twenty-five years ago and this quartet is sounding sublime! This is one sweet album…

4 Likes

5 Likes

The first Album i bought from the Naafi in 1976 Lol !! Steaming from NAS

11 Likes

Will Hoge - Tiny Little Movies

I am loving this new release from Will, I think it is his best yet.

6 Likes

Paul Simon - Negotiations And Love Songs 1971-1986, a superb sounding compilation, with a track or two exclusive to this release, or they were back then :slightly_smiling_face:

12 Likes

Absolutely brilliant!

21 Likes

First listen, nice

1 Like

Ray LaMontagne - Monovision

16 Likes

Yes - The Yes Album

Yes!!!

26 Likes

4 Likes

5 Likes

Early birthday present.

19 Likes

Prince - Sign O The Times.

16 Likes

Now playing…

Ketil Bjornstad - The River

Ketil Bjørnstad (Piano) and David Darling (Cello).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… continuing on with Ketil this early afternoon and going with the mention from @anon4489532 and taking ‘The River’ out for a spin. A beautiful album and kicking it off as I about to start my exercise routine for today… Life is grand and the music is sweet!

3 Likes

Gene - Olympian

If you’ve never heard it skip track 1 initially.

Screen Shot 2020-07-03 at 21.50.12

Can’t wait for my LP12 upgrades to listen to this again (it sounds terribly harsh via streaming).

1 Like

49 years ago today. Pere lachaise for me again next year :crossed_fingers:t2:

20 Likes

Now playing…

Vince Gill - Down To My Last Bad Habit

Vince Gill (Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar, Mandolin, Vocals), Richard Bennett (Acoustic Guitar), Chris Botti (Trumpet), Bekka Bramlett (Vocal Harmony), Tom Bukovac (Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar), Cam (Vocals), Eric Darken (Percussion), Fred Eltringham (Drums, Percussion), Karen Fairchild (Vocals), Paul Franklin (Steel Guitar), |Corrina Gill (Vocal Harmony, Vocals), Tony Harrell (Accordion, Hammond B3, Piano, Wurlitzer), Ellie Holcomb (Vocal Harmony), Dann Huff (Electric Guitar), Kirk “Jelly Roll” Johnson (Harmonica), Steve Jordan (Drums, Percussion), Charlie Judge (Hammond B3, Keyboards, Synthesizer), Kim Keyes (Vocal Harmony), Alison Krauss (Vocal Harmony|), Dean Parks (Electric Guitar), Michael Rhodes (Bass), Kimberly Schlapman (Vocals), Phillip Sweet (Vocals), Jenny Van Valkenburg (Vocal Harmony), Pete Wasner (Wurlitzer), Willie Weeks (Bass), Jimi Westbrook (Vocals), Charlie Worsham (Vocal Harmony) and Reese Wynans (Hammond B3).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/24)… continuing on this afternoon with the very talented Vince Gill and a ton of support from the artists appearing with him on this album. I did have the pleasure of seeing Vince perform a couple of time in the 90’s and enjoy his music quite a bit. A little change of pace after finishing up with an exercise period, no motivation today so hoping Vince will put a little gitty up in my step…

11 Likes

On Vinyl, the 2019 Abbey Road Half-speed release, which is in fact the only vinyl release of this LP.
And it sounds magical.

11 Likes

Queen, The Works

Let’s give them the works!

10 Likes