What are you listening to in 2020 and WHY might anyone be interested?

Eva Cassidy - American Tune

Durand Jones & The Indications - American Love Call

Rumer - Boys Don’t Cry

I am willing to take big odds that these three albums have never been in the same post before.

What do they have in common? Well the first two have the word ‘American’ in the title and the third doesn’t…and they are all belters in their own unique way.

6 Likes

Hikaru Utada in the car.

I’d better start saving !

1 Like

After seeing a few posts on Zoot - I spotted this on Qobuz - and thought at £4 odd worth a punt.
Apart from the fact one of the albums is not there, there is however one to make up the numbers ! - I am listening now on QB whilst doing some paper work - pretty good so far - old 50’s 60’s jazz - a lot of familiar tunes.

5 Likes

Now playing…

Ketil Bjornstad - Night Song

Ketil Bjørnstad (Piano) and Svante Henryson (Violoncello).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… continuing on this morning with Ketil’s ‘Night Song’ a beautiful album and fitting the relaxed mood I am in starting this holiday weekend. One sweet album!

4 Likes

James Taylor - “Hourglass”

10 Likes

Brilliant sound track.

1 Like

Not the cover I remember from my Vinyl copy but the music is the same

Elena Duran California Suite nice bit of jazz flute whilst cooking butternut squash risotto

Elena Duran - Flute
Laurie Holloway Trio

Just like the Willie Nelson sound…new release on Qobuz

8 Likes

Jimi Hendrix - Blues.

14 Likes

Disc four of this Miles Davis: the Complete On The Corner Sessions set. Only two tracks, “Calypso Frelimo” and the moving Ellington tribute “He Loved Him Madly” - but still 65 minutes of music!

9 Likes

Came across this by accident, currently listening via Spotify whilst waiting for my pink vinyl copy to arrive…

Unknown

Khruangbin - Mordechai

5 Likes

It’s been an oudy kind of day here. The Outstanding Eyes or Rita earlier, and now this.

6 Likes

If you like that, you’ll like this.

3 Likes

IMG_0684

Scott Walker - Scott 1. I was wondering what to play and pulled a CD out at random and thought, YES! I just love Montague Terrace and Such A Small Love from this album.

10 Likes

New Bowie due out on streaming services today. Not sure if it is already out there or not but check if you are a Bowie fan.

8 Likes

Possibly my fav James Taylor album.

1 Like

First listen…Paul Weller is a bit hit and miss with me, but i like this new album, just out.

2 Likes

Led Zep - Led Zep

28 Likes

Lost for words with this one other than there are some interesting track names…

Unknown

The Magnetic Fields - Quickies

1 Like