What are you listening to in 2020 and WHY might anyone be interested?

A favourite of mine, World Party Goodbye Jumbo.

14 Likes

Penguin Cafe - Handfuls of Night. Instrumental album which is a bit hard to categorise. I’ve seen them described as chamber jazz / folk. Who cares, it’s just excellent music.

6 Likes

Paul McCartney

Flowers In The Dirt

Edward

9 Likes

Steely Dan. Count down to ecstasy. Continuing my chronological journey of Dan albums and enjoying this the second.

19 Likes

Born to run. That was also my intro to BS. Bought everything since and of course backtracked but this is my favourite. The gatefold, Clarence, the powerful vocals and production and great lyrics. Lined up for tonight. …Update…Actually Darkness on the edge of town is my favourite.:sunglasses:

4 Likes

A Girl Called Eddy - Been Around. Released earlier this year, is the vehicle for American singer, Erin Moran. Apparently, she last released a record in 2004 (produced by Richard Hawley). She has a voice reminiscent of Karen Carpenter / Rumer and the music has some subtle hints of Bacharach, Prefab Sprout and Steely Dan.

5 Likes

A bit late to celebrate debbie’s birthday, but never mind

Blondie - Plastic Letters.

17 Likes

9 Likes

Felix Laband…fantastic cd downloaded it from Bandcamp…

3 Likes

JS Bach, Concertos. Janine Jansen (violin) and friends. Decca CD.

There’s a number of great young female violin players at this time - Hilary Hahn, Julia Fischer, Lisa Batiashvili come to mind. Janine Jansen clearly belongs to that category, and she may be one of the most interesting to follow, as her approach to classics never ceases to surprise and intrigue.

This CD is no exception, it’s captivating all along.

JanineJansenBachConcertos46637_f

Claude

4 Likes

Nice recommendation Neil. One song in and I am so impressed I am shopping for the CD.

Aretha Franklin - 30 Greatest Hits
Great music

12 Likes

3 Likes

Glad you like it. I read a favourable review and listened to several tracks online and thought it was very good, so I got the CD.

In a mellow frame of mind today, so now giving Prefab Sprout’s I Trawl The Megahertz a spin.

9 Likes

Dead Magic by Anna von Hausswolff on CD. One of my favorite releases from the last few years. That voice and the brooding atmosphere gets me every time.

3 Likes

20 Likes

Think I still have my Buggles t shirt around somewhere even though there is not a cat in hells chance of it fitting me now. Mind you there is a good chance SWMBO may have thrown it out.

1 Like

Presumably prompted by his appearance on R&M on 6Music? I thought the song of his they played was great

1 Like

Love this album. 2 greats in total control of their instruments.

Does anyone know the George Shearing where he pays standards in classical style or vice versa ?

Thanks
Alan

2 Likes