What are you listening to in 2020 and WHY might anyone be interested?

It was, I heard a lot of the tv themes last year but not much else which I really enjoyed today.

What a great phrase!

1 Like

Prince - Chaos And Disorder, not one of his better efforts, but there is always something worth hearing.

4 Likes

@Alanm1 This afternoon I am with my Dad who has a large number of George Shearing LP’s and CD’s though not the one you’re enquiring about, but we think it is this - John Rutter, George Shearing, The Cambridge Singers - Feel The Spirit And Birthday Madrigals - Songs And Sonnets - released in 2001 on Collegium Records COLCD 128.

R-13353317-1552630383-3128.jpeg

3 Likes

Thanks @GeoffC I shall check that one out.

1 Like

On CD

3 Likes

12 Likes

Hi, really sad but listening to all of the albums in the book 1001 albums to must listen to before you die, only could by using spotify, but must say that some are very hard going, music critics like to throw in curve balls.

Goldheart Assembly - “Long Distance Song Effects”

Now playing…

A Girl Called Eddyv - Been Around

A Girl Called Eddy: Erin Moran (Bell Tree, Handclapping, Piano, Vocals), Kyshona Armstrong (Vocals), Fiona Brice (String Arrangements, Violin), Gillon Cameron (Violin), Kendra Chantelle (Vocals), Jenny Douglas (Vocals), Jason Eskridge (Vocals), Helen Rathbone (Cello), Steve Herrmann (Trumpet), Austin Hoke (Cello), Jim Hoke (Double Harp, Flute, Horn, Percussion, Saxophone), Rex Horan (Bass), Billy Huber (Trombone), Victor Krauss (Upright Bass), Judy Lee (French Horn, Alto Horn), Michael Leonhardt (Trumpet), Raymond J. Mason (Trombone), Maureen Murphy (Vocals), Greg Pliska (Conductor), Jack Pollitt (Drums), Eric Reed (French Horn, Alto Horn), Shez Sheridan (Acoustic Guitar, Baritone Guitar, Lap Steel Guitar), Steve Sherts (French Horn, Alto Horn), Julian Simmons (Bass, Guitar, Vocals), Daniel Tashian (Bass, Drums, Guitar, 12 String Guitar, Handclapping, Keyboards, Piano, Synthesizer, Vocals, Wurlitzer), The Watson Twins (Vocals) and Brandon Wright (Tenor Saxophone).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/24)… kicking of this Friday morning with a mention from @Neil-26 above and taking Erin (A Girl Called Eddy) out for a spin and she and the band is sounding mighty sweet! Looking forward to the rest of the album!

4 Likes

Paolo Nutini - These Streets

Jack Johnson - On and On

Don’t know what it is but these two gentlemen seem to have come alive in my listening room since I last heard these, especially Mr Johnson! I have made a few improvements though.

Very enjoyable.

13 Likes

Flotel ‎– Wooden Beard

Mike Heron. Smiling men. 1971 vinyl. One of my favourite albums. Solo from ISB man helped out by the Who amongst others.

2 Likes

Santana - Multi Dimensional Warrior, a double cd compiled by Carlos himself to highlight his spirituality.Playing the first disc, I have noticed some subtle remastering that has given the songs from different albums a uniform sound.This helps the concept much better instead of it being just a collection of disparate tracks.

7 Likes

Rosanne Cash - “She Remembers Everything”

6 Likes

Ænima [1996]
Hard to credit that Tool’s sophomore album is getting on for 25 years old… great alternative metal (as ever) from this less than prolific outfit.

4 Likes

Porcupine Tree - Deadwing

Great album. Not a lot to add really!

10 Likes

Schneiderhan, BPO, JOCHUM - Beethoven Violin Concerto

Has there yet been a better recording? None that I’ve heard.

6 Likes

I think I will confine myself to this thread where the passion is music. I am becoming increasingly depressed with other threads that are obsessed with continuously upgrading hardware. Just listen to the music man😎

16 Likes