What are you listening to in 2020 and WHY might anyone be interested?

Listening to and having the hots for this fine female jazz vocalist…

3 Likes

What a good album this is. Thanks to @seakayaker for bringing it to my attention.

1 Like

I love this album

Now That I’ve Found You - A Collection [1995]
Alison Krauss’s first compilation of her best stuff going back to when she first started recording in '86.

14 Likes

Lightnin’ Hopkins - Lightnin’ Hopkins

Absolute belter!

13 Likes

2 Likes

Possibly my favourite Alison Krauss album.

1 Like

Enjoying this one.

18 Likes

Always enjoyed this. CD. Interesting interview with him currently on the BBC website, (TMS Podcasts.) Loved the title track when it came out in 74 when I was a teenager. Not sure it even charted.220px-I_Want_to_See_the_Bright_Lights_Tonight_(Richard_Thompson_album_-_cover_art)

15 Likes

A superb album indeed.

12 Likes

front

5 Likes

9 Likes

16 Likes

On CD. I am in a dark mood and this fits in with this. Possibly my favourite Swans album with The Seer a very close second.

2 Likes

Now playing…

Kit Downes - Dreamlife of Debris

Kit Downes (Piano, Organ), Tom Challenger (Tenor Saxophone), Stian Westerhus (Guitar), Lucy Railton (Cello) and Sebastian Rochford (Drums).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… continuing on through the noon hour with this album released last October by Kit. The quintet is sounding mighty fine and sitting back with a cup of coffee after a couple of chores. On the horizon is a neighborhood walk with the wife this afternoon then home and relax for the rest of the holiday and see how noisy it gets this evening/night.

2 Likes

Crossroads Guitar Festival 2013.

14 Likes

1 Like

Moonchild - Voyager

4 Likes

Now playing…

Django Bates’s Belovèd - The Study of Touch

Django Bates (Piano), Petter Eldh (Double Bass) and Peter Bruun (Drums).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… continuing on this afternoon with this 2017 release from Django. The trio is sounding sublime and this is one fine album!

5 Likes

Mary singing a whole bunch of her songs acoustically without band. Officially recorded.

6 Likes