What are you listening to in 2020 and WHY might anyone be interested?

:+1::+1::+1:

Good to see a bookshelf speaker resting on some books! Great album too.

This album has definitely passed the test of time. Still sounding fresh and truly excellent. And (unfortunately) still lyrically relevant.

9 Likes

Lady Day and John Coltrane one of my favourite ever songs!

1 Like

a0421634366_10
Down load from Bandcamp, bluesy rock, she has a great voice!

1 Like

4 Likes

Yes this is good. Have you tried the Ketil Bjornstad albums with David Darling on cello, The River and Epigraphs. They are very good, particularly The River.

Now playing…

Ana Silvera - Oracles

Ana Silvera (Harmonium, Vocals), Ruairi Bowen (Tenor, Vocals), Kieran Brunt (Tenor, Vocals), Anne Chauveau-Dhayan (Cello), Dan D’souza(Bass, Vocals), Jasper Høiby (Double Bass), Joel Newsome-Hubbard (Alto, Vocals), Bill Laurance (Piano), William Marsey (Bass, Vocals), Rose Martin (Alto, Vocals), Naomi Morris (Drums, Percussion), Simran Singh (Violin), Jacob Smedegaard (Drums, Percussion), Josephine Stephenson (Soprano, Vocals), Signe Trylle (Vocals) and Héloïse Werner (Soprano, Vocals).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… out for a 90 minute walk and returning home turned to Ana Silvera’s Oracles which I played for the first time a couple of weeks ago and enjoyed it quite a lot, so here we go for another spin. …and the music is sounding mighty sweet!

4 Likes

Now playing…

Mary Chapin Carpenter - Stones In The Road

Mary Chapin Carpenter (Acoustic Guitar, Vocals), Kenny Aronoff (Drums, Percussion), Paul Brady (Tin Whistle, Vocals, Whistle), J.T. Brown (Bass, Fretless Bass), Jon Carroll (Accordion, Piano), Shawn Colvin (Vocals), Don Dixon (Bass), Stuart Duncan (Fiddle, Mandolin), John Jennings (Baritone Bass, Bells, Cowbell, Acoustic Guitar, Baritone Guitar, Bass Guitar, Electric Guitar, Hammond organ, Percussion, Plucked Piano, Vocals), Robbie Magruder (Drums), Branford Marsalis (Soprano Saxophone), Alan O’Bryant (Vocals), Lee Roy Parnell (Guitar, Slide Guitar), Matt Rollings (Piano), Steuart Smith (Electric Guitar), Benmont Tench (Hammond organ, Piano), Linda Williams (Vocals), Robin Williams (Vocals) and Trisha Yearwood (Vocals).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… continuing on this afternoon with Mary Chapin Carpenter and on my favorite albums of hers. Some great tracks and musicians backing her up on this album. Mary is great live and saw her and Shawn Colvin perform together last December. This is one sweet album!

20 Likes

Sunday morning in the studio, starting off with the The Waterboys Greatest Hits.

9 Likes

Home alone, so this obviously sounds much better loud. Tom Petty Highway Companion :sunglasses:

7 Likes

Velvet Underground Loaded.

14 Likes

The Beatles Let It Be Naked, still not sure how I feel about it. Hopefully there’s a remix in the future.

13 Likes

Still my favourite album of hers. Easily in my Top 50 albums.

Happy 4th of July to those American members.

Couldn’t think of a better album Bruce Springsteen’s Born in the USA

18 Likes

Grateful Dead, Dead/Live, 2003 CD ripped

Dark Star… glorious even at 8:15 in the morning :slight_smile:

9 Likes

I have The River but not Epigraphs. I’ll add it to the list. Thanks.

1 Like

Peter Gabriel

So

Classic.

Edward

24 Likes

The Barr Brothers, Sleeping Operator, CD Rip

SWMBO choice… can’t complain :slight_smile:

7 Likes

The best of Barber and Bilk.

Chilled Sunday morning working my way through some more of my Dad’s collection on my new Planar 8. Happy days :slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes