What are you listening to in 2020 and WHY might anyone be interested?

Juicy Lucy. Back in the day it was difficult to see beyond the cover but thanks to @anon71888798 for reminding me that the music was pretty good. Especially like the sax of Bluesbreaker Chris Mercer. Streaming provider annoyingly misses out one track which fortunately I have heard elsewhere.

6 Likes

5 Likes

this track burns into my brain…crazy. There was a report on arte about japanese culture, eating, living etc where they played it. (guess the documentation is still on their website…)

Mahler number 5. CD. The Adagietto is sheer beauty, imho, some of the other parts are harder work.unnamed (1)

6 Likes

Double vinyl. And why not?

11 Likes

A fine album

11 Likes

Khruangbin is probably my most listened to artist this week, sounding great!

3 Likes

Steely Dan. Two Against Nature. CD. Really well recorded, imho. Glad they did some more stuff when they got back together. Saw DF touring as Steely Dan last year, really excellent.810FuFxuHgL.AC_SY355

14 Likes

1 Like

9 Likes

Now playing…

Jason Isbell and the 400 Unit - Reunions

Jason Isbell (Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar, Piano, Vocals), Jay Buchanan (Vocals), Dave Cobb (Shaker), David Crosby (Vocals), Derry Deborja (Keyboards, Omnichord, Organ, Piano), Chad Gamble (Drums, Tambourine), Jimbo Hart (Bass), Amanda Shires (Fiddle, Vocals) and Sadler Vaden (Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar, Nylon String Guitar).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… kicking of this morning with Jason and he and this talented group of musicians are sounding sublime! Reunions was released this past mid May and it is one sweet album.

11 Likes

The Band. Jubilation. The only Band album I don’t have and something I will remedy when it becomes readily available. Thanks to @johnt for prompting me to look it up in streaming services.

5 Likes

11 Likes

On vinyl…image

13 Likes

Frank Sinatra - Songs for Swinging Lovers

Easy listening tonight…

20 Likes

Just got this today. What a voice!

14 Likes

Now playing…

Willie Nelson - First Rose of Spring

Willie Nelson (Trigger, Vocals), Dave Angell (Strings), Monisa Angell (Strings), Jerry Bifano (Strings), Buddy Cannon (Acoustic Guitar, Vocals), Melodie Cannon (Vocals), Chad Cromwell (Drums), David Davidson (Strings), Ward Davis (Vocals), Connie Ellisor (Strings), Alicia Enstrom (Strings), Kevin “Swine” Grantt (Upright Bass), Mike Johnson (Steel Guitar), Anthony La Marchina (Strings), Catherine Marx (Piano, B3 Organ, Wurlitzer, Rhodes), Larry Paxton (Upright Bass), Sari Reist (Strings), Mickey Raphael (Harmonica), Bobby Terry (Electric Guitar, Acoustic Guitar, Steel Guitar), Kristin Wilkinson (Strings), Lonnie Wilson (Drums) and Karen Winkelmann (Strings).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… Willie is still going strong and released another album on July 2nd. He and this fabulous group of musicians are sounding mighty sweet on the opening tracks and looking forward to the rest of the album. Enjoying this first spin!

12 Likes

:upside_down_face:

Possibly a bit too much, even for me. Still, nice to hear, even if it’s only once.

4 Likes

8 Likes