What are you listening to in 2020 and WHY might anyone be interested?

Keith Jarrett - The Koln Concert

11 Likes

Now playing…

Jessie Ware - What’s Your Pleasure?

Streaming on Qobuz (48/24)… a random pick from the ‘Press Awards’ listing in Qobuz and taking Jessie out for the first time. To describe the opening track I will go with a quote from ‘Albumism’ " the track “Spotlight,” is a stunning number that combines cool, electro-R&B rhythms with symphonic embellishments." Something different for me and enjoying the music through the noon hour…

2 Likes

5 Likes

With a glass of red surely. And dare I say with somebody dear.

9 Likes

Now playing…

Neil Young - Homegrown

Neil Young (Guitar, Harmonica, Piano, Wine Glass), Piano Strings, Narration, (Vocals), Ben Keith (Pedal Steel Guitar, Lap Slide Guitar), Dobro, Wine Glass, Piano Strings, Narration, Vocals), Tim Drummond (Bass, Vocals), Levon Helm (Drums), Karl T. Himmel (Drums), Robbie Robertson (Guitar), Emmylou Harris (Vocals), Sandy Mazzeo (Vocals) and Stan Szelest (Piano, Wurlitzer).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… continuing on this afternoon with another album recently released, June 18th, and taking out for the first time. Neil and company of musicians are sounding mighty fine! Looking forward to the rest of the album.

14 Likes

Oh yes, and indeed yes, with Mrs. G.

Looked out of the window to see you but you must have moved on. :rofl: Was going to invite you in for a glass! :wine_glass:

1 Like

Al Petteway - Caledon Wood

Nice!

2 Likes

After playing Talking Book a few days ago

Stevie Wonder - Innervisions, another classic.

21 Likes

2 Likes

Cara Dillon - Wanderer

Cara is hitting the spot with this one.

Just luverly!

8 Likes

Hikaru Utada - Heart Station
I was mostly listening to Utada during the weekend. Somehow reminds of Ana Torroja from Mecano, a favourite Spanish Pop trio.

5 Likes

Maybe next time :slightly_smiling_face:

Everything But The Girl - Like the Deserts Miss The Rain

10 Likes

He he

1 Like

I am not necessarily a classical music fan but I have to confess that Mahler has the ability to reduce me to tears. His third symphony in particular moves me in a way the I cannot describe.

4 Likes

John Smith - Headlong

Haven’t played to this for a while. A nice, relaxing, undemanding listen. Sometimes that’s what you need.

4 Likes

Van Morrison - The Prophet Speaks, this is so similar to the previous album, it is probably from the same sessions.Typical latter day Van.

10 Likes

An old Marty Grebb album from '99 feat Bonnie Raitt, Taj Mahal, Steve Cropper, Bill Payne, Fred Tackett and Amos Garrett amongst some other notable luminaries. Ex founder member of the Buckinghams.

4 Likes