What are you listening to in 2020 and WHY might anyone be interested?

1 Like

Enigma - MCMXC a.D.

4 Likes

Waxahatchee - Saint Cloud

I just can’t get enough of this album.

6 Likes

Best wishes to you both @dave-marshall, good news is good news.

2 Likes

IMG_0259

S. Carey - Hundred Acres. Mellow Americana.

2 Likes

Charles Mingus - Tijuana Moods

7 Likes

We noticed :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy:

9 Likes

1 Like

8 Likes

A number of trax of the new Dan Penn album due out late August.

4 Likes

Paul Weller - On Sunset - Polydor Records (2020)

Firstly this is a beautifully produced record from the pressing to the mastering and also the covers and inner sleeves .
I’ve only listened to it once, all four sides and it’s an exceptional record from front to back. I know he isn’t everybody’s cup of tea and but he just keeps on producing new, fresh and interesting music now into his 60’s he doesn’t show signs of letting up.
Paul Weller’s first record on Polydor was The Jam’s In The City when he was still a teenager in 1977, 43 years ago.
I won’t harp on about how good this record is I’ll just say do yourself a favour and buy it.

9 Likes

No Quarter [1994]
Some Page and Plant to accompany the early evening, good stuff.

16 Likes

What memories this brings back. Boogieing around a dance floor in Islington with my then girlfriend who was a designer for a major clothing company. Always wonder what happened to her.
We used one of her tracks from this album for a company promo video a few years back.

13 Likes

Looking forward to that one :+1:

Now playing…

A Girl Called Eddy - Been Around

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/24)… taking out this January 2020 release out for a second spin and Erin is sounding mighty fine!

7 Likes

Big Brother & The Holding Company

7 Likes

Will Hoge - Tiny Little Movies - original UK vinyl
Back home with the systems and the LP of Will Hoge’s new album. Fantastic heavy country rock, politically and personally engaged. Sung and played superbly. While away I noticed here this was out and ordered the LP and CD after a Tidal listen, got home to find the CD I’d pre-ordered from ProperMusic and forgotten about.

PS Is it just me or looking at the picture above is he morphing into Shane McGowan?

3 Likes

So, tell me Tony, is he as good as Herb Alpert?
Coincidently, I have already picked out my copy of Mingus Ah Um to play later :smile:

1 Like

Not my cup of tea over the years…but i really like this.