What are you listening to in 2020 and WHY might anyone be interested?

Glad you like it. I hadn’t thought of it sounding like Laura Nyro, but I get where you’re coming from. It seems Erin is from New York, but lives in London.

This is a teriffic album, which really emphasises the piano as a percussion instrument.

1 Like

IMG_0366

I gave Low’s current album, Double Negative, a listen earlier today and it’s slowly growing on me. A more challenging listen than their earlier releases, but underneath the dissonance there are some lovely melodies.

8 Likes

Oldie but a goodie Vinyl Rip

10 Likes

IMG_0687

Another one from earlier today. Destroyer - Ken. I’m not sure what happened with this one, but for me this is nowhere near as good as their current release, Have We Met, or previous albums such as Kaputt or Poison Season.

1 Like

I enjoy the variety of Yellow Brick Rd, which a double obviously affords, but I think Capt Fantastic is one of his more mature efforts :+1:

4 Likes

Awesome Mix Vol. 1
Hits from the ‘70s, including Marvin Gaye, Bowie, Jackson 5, 10cc, The Runaways, Norman Greenbaum, Blue Swede, The Raspberries, Elvin Bishop, Redbone, Rupert Holmes and The Five Stairsteps, great stuff, guaranteed to get all your bits movin’.

7 Likes

Very much looking forward to it! It’s a few months away?

Narina Pallot - Stay Lucky

This is sounding mighty fine.

(Now who says that? Think his name is canoeist, or something like that).

6 Likes

All the best to you both Dave.

2 Likes

Indoctrinating the damn neighbourhood

Glad to hear that Dave, look after yourselves.

1 Like

Now playing…

Eleni Karaindrou - David

Kim Kashkashian (Viola), Eleni Karaindrou Ensemble, Camerata Orchestra: Alexandros Myrat (Conductor).

Streaming on Qobuz… kicking off this Monday morning with Eleni’s ‘David’ which was released in 2016. The opening track is quite beautiful and a lovely and gentle way to greet the start of the day. A wonderful album!

RIP Ennio

14 Likes

Blossoms - Live From The Plaza Theatre, Stockport.

2 Likes

Alison Krauss & Union Station - Paper Airplane

Not listened to this for ages. Fine album.

16 Likes

1 Like

Norah Jones - Pick Me Up Off The Floor

Finally got hold of a cd copy.

12 Likes

Now playing…

Cyrillus Kreek - he Suspended Harp of Babel

Vox Clamantis (Choir), Jaan-Eik Tulve (Conductor), Anna-Liisa Eller (Kannel), Angela Ambrosini (Nyckelharpa) and Marco Ambrosini (Nyckelharpa).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… a recent release from May 8th and taking out for another spin. Sounding quite beautiful and relaxing… One sweet album !

1 Like