What are you listening to in 2020 and WHY might anyone be interested?

Released today Gianluigi and very good too…as is the pressing

2 Likes

Listening now. Very good indeed. He has a lot of other albums on Qobuz so looking forward to exploring more.

1 Like

On vinyl…

10 Likes

Johnny Winter

13 Likes

Band of Horses - Why are you ok. Excellent album from 2016.

10 Likes

ELO - Discovery.

Playing the vinyl copy that my mum used to play every Sunday morning when I was a spotty teenager.

It has now had a lockdown clean on the RCM and I suspect sounds better than it ever has in the past 40 years. I’m in vinyl heaven.

Unknown-1

PS - It sounds c**p via Tidal in comparison.

13 Likes

Goldfrapp - Supernature

I’m hearing this in new ways thanks to some unexplained improvements in the boxes or power system. It’s an amazing album.

Of course it’s been a day of listening to Felt Mountain and Tales of Us as well.

The day started with Missa Solemnis which the choir was practicing before the lockdown.

Phil

18 Likes

Not played in a while

3 Likes

Another play of this!

Atb
Kk

6 Likes

14 Likes

Live album from Astatke, the king of Ethio-Jazz. The likes of Phil Ranelin and Bennie Maupin are also on board – and there are some absolutely MONSTER grooves here.

Larry Taylor Blues and Soul Band - They Were In This House

4 Likes

Now playing…

Marilyn Crispell Trio - Storyteller

Marilyn Crispell (Piano), Mark Helias (Double-Bass) and Paul Motian (Drums).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… continuing on this morning with Marilyn and this very fine trio. Opening with ‘Wild Rose’ smooth and mellow and sounding sublime! One very sweet album…

1 Like

Testing a new to me 252/supecap/250-2

!

And later

image|300x300image

14 Likes

Composers of opera? Puccini or Townshend ? My head hurts. :woozy_face:

1 Like

Distant Cousins - Here and Now

1 Like

IMG_0523

Cass McCombs - Tip Of The Sphere. At first I wasn’t sure about this, but further listens are revealing the qualities of this record from this US artist.

2 Likes

Now Playing…

Fink & The Royal Convertgebouw Orchestra - Live in Concert

Streaming on NAS (44.1/24)… continuing on this morning with one of Fink’s albums after seeing a mention from @Christopher_M earlier and realized it has been awhile since I gave him a spin. Fink along with the band and The Royal Convertgebouw Orchestra are sounding mighty sweet! This is on very fine album…

6 Likes

21 Likes