What are you listening to in 2020 and WHY might anyone be interested?

On White vinyl…which is really playing havoc with static…picking up all the fibres from the felt mat…half a side and the stylus needs cleaning!

Great album though!

1 Like

18 Likes

Total immersion

Bryan Ferry - As Time Goes By, a successful blend of his vocals and standards makes this album a bit of fun.

10 Likes

Now playing…

Fink - Perfect Darkness

Fin Greenall (Acoustic Guitar), Vocals, Effects), Shane Beales (Electric Keyboard), Michael Flury (Trombone), Matthew Kelly (String Arrangements, Strings), Tim Thornton (Drums, Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar) and Guy Whittaker (Acoustic Bass, Electric Bass).

Streaming on NAS (44.1/16)… continuing on through the mid-afternoon hour with Fink and another very fine album, sounding fantastic!

5 Likes

Now playing…

Fink - Sort of Revolution

Fin Greenall (Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar, Keyboards, Percussion, Electric Piano, Synthesizer, Vocals), John Legend (Piano), Blair Mackichan (Piano, Wurlitzer), Son of Dave (Harmonica), Tim Thornton (Drums, Effects), Andreya Triana (Vocals), Guy Whittaker (Bass, Acoustic Bass, Effects) and Ellie Wyatt (Strings).

Streaming on NAS (44.1/16)… continuing on with Fink and taking out another album from this fine and talented group of musicians. Sounding sublime!

5 Likes

The Charlatans - The Only One I Know

8 Likes

On Future Teenage Cave Artists, Deerhoof fantasize about a future that feels frighteningly real. Populations evacuate their homes for greener pastures. People and animals are murdered senselessly. Survival is a privilege, not an assumption. Amidst this chaos, a new generation of teenagers still discover and make art, experiencing feelings as old as time.

We’re left contemplating how a rock band, 26 years into their career, have managed to not only pin down the chaos of our time, but also to point toward our uncertain future.

1 Like

If you are exploring jazz, this is highly recommended.

Art Blakey and the Jazz Messengers - Moanin’. Great jazz.

Some of the resellers have CD versions of this…cheap as chips!

19 Likes

Criminal that I haven’t played anything by the boys for awhile.

2 Likes

Relaxing start to the day.

12 Likes

The Who, Tommy, cd rip

From a previous post… thanks for reminding me :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Nice start of the morning

3 Likes

The Moody Blues, Greatest Hits, cd rip

back from 30mins on the rower and SWMBO has this on… I’m not complaining :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Nice, Mono 1st pressing?
XEX 637-1 & XEX 638-1?

1 Like

10 Likes

Nostalgia kick on Question o B I have the original LP. Must try that later on the new kit.