What are you listening to in 2020 and WHY might anyone be interested?

4 Likes

11 Likes

717tigvQyeL.SS500

Prompted by @Gianluigi, another great album from Mr Callier…
On vinyl…

6 Likes

5 Likes

Yes, just put it on…great guitar work.

Magazine. Correct use of soap. I have this on vinyl and cd but feeling lazy. Well it is Sunday. Song from under the floorboards a classic track This version includes 2 bonus tracks.

5 Likes

Giving this a whirl…streaming to my headphones…

8 Likes

6 Likes

I’m gonna join in the Terry Callier lovefest with this, perhaps his finest album, on 1980s vinyl:

11 Likes

Casiopea - The Soundgraphy - 2002 Village / Japan CD / VRCL 2231

1 Like

Alanis Morissette - “Such Pretty Forks In The Road” (EP-early release album tracks)

3 Likes

The Manhattan Project - 1990 Blue Note / US CD / CDP 7942042

Saxophone - Wayne Shorter
Piano - Michel Petrucciani
Bass - Stanley Clarke
Keyboards - Gil Goldstein + Pete Levin
Drums - Lenny White

3 Likes

18 Likes

Alex Cornish - “Hang On The Word” singer/songwriter, chamber pop

4 Likes

Fair question, and I agree - I was speaking more of the first solo, but the I view the second as sort of a followup/continuum. Just great, great guitar work.

Anais Mitchell - “Hymns For The Exciled”

5 Likes

Thanks, had a watch/listen, compelling and powerful.

3 Likes

Steve Winwood. About time. I have a few early albums but thanks to @Meni for recommending this later offering. Really impressed and definitely on my to buy list. Took me a while to remember where I had previously heard “why can’t we live together “. Apart from late Traffic it reminds me of Santana, Talk Talk (?) and yes Sade. Brilliant.

11 Likes

YEX 605-1
YEX 606-1
Variant C - late 67/early 68

On the look out for XEX 605-1/601-1 1st release Mono, but they are quite expensive, given that only 100k of this release were pressed, before it was pulled and replaced with -2/-3 version.

25 Likes

Trader Horne - Morning Way - WAV CD rip
Beautiful psychedelic folk from a very talented duo, lovely musicianship from Jackie McAuley and fantastic crystalline vocals from Judy Dyble. Judy sadly lost her battle with lung cancer today, RIP Judy.

5 Likes