What are you listening to in 2020 and WHY might anyone be interested?

Careful, if inverted feather symbol on side two, you could have a proper first pressing. Have you checked?

One for the road

1 Like

Now playing…

Food - This Is Not A Miricle

Thomas Strønen (Drums, Electronics, Percussion, Moog, Fender Rhodes), Iain Ballamy (Saxophones, Electronics) and Christian Fennesz (Guitar, Electronics).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… continuing on this afternoon after finishing up with my workout and getting cleaned up with Food’s ‘This is not a miracle’ and it is sounding wonderful! Just love this group…

2 Likes

15 Likes

It’s a third press A3. But I have got an A1/B1 Zep I but it’s the orange sleeve not the turquoise sleeve.

What am I listening to, nothing. We’ve got a blackout and not expecting it fixed for a few hours at best. :scream:

Finally power restored house myself, Talking Heads Little Creatures

17 Likes

I’ve listened to the stream too and there really is no comparison Stan if you have even a mediocre vinyl set up the vinyl will sound better. Paul Weller has really got with the program when it comes to sonics and mastering his previous 5 or 6 records are all excellent sonically his material released in the 90’s usually sounds better on CD.

This excellent ‘making of’ short film is a great insight into his recording process.

One issue I have with the vinyl release is the horrible inner sleeves beautiful glossy photo’s but they will eventually mark the vinyl rehouse the records in some real lined inner sleeves.

3 Likes

Looks like Anjuna. I’ve been to Goa many times and never saw anything like that just lots of Israelis in day glo dancing to horrible Goan Trance music.

I’ve watched a few Dub fx youtube videos from Jamaica but hadn’t seen these Indian ones.
Here is another multi cultural project the LP is incredible worth a listen if you don’t already have it.

2 Likes

Leo Sayer Just a Boy. :sunglasses:

7 Likes

Magazine, Real Life, cd rip 2007 version.

All this talk of Magazine… I had to play this. I’ve still got the 1978 vinyl - no way to play it though :wink:

5 Likes

Manfred Mann’s Earths Band, The Roaring Silence, cd rip

Now something a bit less frantic :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Listening to quite a bit of John Coltrane just lately.

6 Likes

What’s not to like ?

9 Likes

In my wantlist now. Thanks a lot!

Funky!

12 Likes

Everything But The Girl - Temperamental

ebtgtemperamental

9 Likes

More Pointers, this time from 1977. Contains the fabulous “Don’t It Drive Me Crazy”. What a great group they were!

9 Likes

Dan Penn. Do right man. While I wait for the new album to be released I will play this classic from 1994. His songs are famous of course but I prefer these versions sung by the man himself.

6 Likes