What are you listening to in 2020 and WHY might anyone be interested?

Thanks, I’ve been thinking of replacing my aged copy.

1 Like

Big fan of late great Terry Callier discovered a while back thanks to Beth Orton and Paul Weller.

This live album is at a giveaway price on Qobuz for less than a fiver.

1 Like

IMG_0885

Elton John / Leon Russell - The Union. Some fine contributors to this album, including Neil Young, Jim Keltner, Marc Ribot, Booker T Jones, Don Was and Brian Wilson.

12 Likes

CD - BMG Music 2002 : )

<>

:balloon: :balloon: Happy Birthday Julian Bream CBE! :birthday: :balloon:

born in Battersea, London in 1933 :uk:

87 years old Today! :smiley: :+1:

16 Likes

Genesis - Duke

There’s a lot more to it than first meets the ear!!

16 Likes

On CD

Why? Saw him mentioned in another forum and reminded me I hadn’t heard it for a while.

steve

4 Likes

Boogie With Canned Heat | 1968

11 Likes

Chicago 7. A welcome return to the double vinyl format which allowed the group to breathe(vocals don’t kick in until 30 mins). I play this a lot on both vinyl and cd and it always reveals more, even when lo fi streaming. Guests include Pointer sisters and Beach Boys.

6 Likes

Back in about 1995 a girl I was dating introduced me to Terry and his music @AndyP - been a huge fan ever since and saw him many times in the 1990s and noughties. What is lovely about his story is that he retired in the early 80s and was then “rediscovered” - the last 20 years of his life were spent playing to adoring audiences in the UK, decent record sales and huge critical acclaim. Couldn’t have happened to a nicer or more deserving chap.

4 Likes

Later (1999) Callier on LP, with Jim Mullen among the backing band.

8 Likes

Fever Ray | 2009
It’s been too long since I played this one by Karin Dreije, she went solo after leaving her brother’s band The Knife. Unfortunately as very good as this album is, everything else by her since has been rather hard to take.

6 Likes

8 Likes

11 Likes

IMG_0906

Goldfrapp - Silver Eye.

13 Likes

Christone “Kingfish” Ingram - Kingfish

A very talented 21 year old kid who has played with the likes of Buddy Guy and Keb Mo.

8 Likes

Last one for today: a live double CD from Archie Shepp and his orchestra… great version of “Attica Blues” on this one.

3 Likes

Lloyd Cole - Standards

On vinyl.

2 Likes

Pierce Brothers - The Records Were Ours - WAV CD rip
Driving fun folk rock from a fantastic young duo.

3 Likes

12 Likes

Giving this it’s annual spin

Kula Shaker - K.

17 Likes