What are you listening to in 2020 and WHY might anyone be interested?

1 Like

7 Likes

This lovely little gem came out last year without any fanfare - Ralph Molina from Crazy Horse - on Bandcamp.

2 Likes

16 Likes

John Lennon - Plastic Ono Band.

14 Likes

Now playing…

Trygve Seim - Different Rivers

Trygve Seim (Tenor Saxophone, Soprano Saxophone), Arve Henriksen (Trumpet, Vocal, Trumpophone), Havard Lund (Bass Clarinet, Clarinet), Nils Jansen (Bass Saxophone, Contrabass Clarinet, Sopranino Saxophone), Hild Sofie Tafjord (French Horn), Oyvind Braekke (Trombone), David Gald (Tuba), Stian Carstensen (Accordion), Bernt Simen Lund (Cello), Morten Hannisdal (Cello), Per Oddvar Johansen (Drums), Paal Nilssen-Love (Drums) and Sidsel Endresen (Recitation).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… continuing on this afternoon with Trygve’s ‘Different Rivers’ and I do enjoy his music quite a bit. I also enjoy the description of this album from the ECM website, " “ Different Rivers is melancholy, lonely, hypnotizing music – harder to escape from than to listen to. Like a fireplace in an ice palace, you get hooked on it; it’s almost physical. … Seim’s version of the ECM sound presents a wind-instrument chamber ensemble, a sort of slow-floating, pianissimo little-big band with occasional understated kicks. The shadow of Gil Evans hovers. The horn-blowers finesse their personal, breathy, non-symphonic textures from behind the beat.”

One sweet album!

5 Likes

Kings Of Convenience - Quiet Is The New Loud - 2001 Source / EU CD / 7243 5 29072 2 9

3 Likes

Now playing…

Sidsel Endresen - So I Write

Sidsel Endresen (Vocal), Nils Petter Molvaer (Trumpet, Flugelhorn, Percussion), Django Bates (Piano) and Jon Christensen (Percussion).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… continuing on this afternoon with this very fine album from Sidsel (I just love her voice) and backed up by three outstanding talented musicians. This is a wonderful album!

4 Likes

Played a rip of this Julian Bream LP which was my Grandfather’s - to celebrate JB’s Birthday

• Concierto De Aranjuez For Guitar And Orchestra
  • Concerto For Lute And Strings / The Courtly Dances From “Gloriana”

10 Likes

Alissa Rachel
Two different takes on the same music. Both highly recommended.

8 Likes

Great tracks, from the past & last time she played in Dublin

14 Likes

Looking forward to his new album Gold Record until then I’ll just enjoy this, Bill Callahan Shepherd in a Sheepskin Vest.

8 Likes

Boz Scaggs Silk Degrees

23 Likes

Cowboy Junkies Sing in My Meadow The Nomad Series

7 Likes

The next album was The Yes Album, for which Steve Howe replaced Peter Banks. Tony Kaye played on The Yes Album and was replaced on the follow-up Fragile by Rick Wakeman.

2 Likes

Hall and Oates, Best of

15 Likes

Now there’s a co-incidence. I gave my CD of this a spin on Tuesday for the first time in years.

Great album.

steve

1 Like

Looking forward to his new one with Goldberg variations in studio and live…

4 Likes

About 50 years ago which just seems like yesterday I used to go round my mates house to play snooker on a quarter sized table set up on the dinning room table. His mum had one album which we played non-stop - I haven’t played snooker for a long while but I still play Hot August Night to this day. A stunning live album.

11 Likes

Starting the day with Miles.

17 Likes