What are you listening to in 2020 and WHY might anyone be interested?

Daughter?

5 Likes

IMG_0889

Teenage Fanclub - Here. Released in 2016 and holds its own with their earlier work.

1 Like

Oops.

Hot Tuna - Burgers

6 Likes

Long Misty Days | 1976
The great Robin Trower making fine music with the late James Dewar his bassist, who had such a fine soulful voice perfectly suited for rock of this style.

5 Likes

Robert Ellis - The Lights From The Chemical Plant. Nashville - based singer songwriter with country and folk leanings.

2 Likes

Thanks for the reminder, Kev. Not listened to it in decades, I must try and get hold of it, good stuff as you say…

1 Like

Grateful Dead - Blues For Allah

12 Likes

Mike Oldfield - Ommadawn

Original version. I have a few versions, including the quadrophonic box set, but the original is best.

21 Likes

Now Playing…

Anouar Brahem - Blue Maqams

Anouar Brahem (Oud), Dave Holland (Double Bass), Jack DeJohnette (Drums) and Django Bates (Piano).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… kicking off this Friday morning with Anouar and this fabulous quartet! Just love Anouar’s music…

5 Likes

Gillian Welch & David Rawlings - All The Good Times Are Past & Gone

4 Likes

John Coltrane - Both Directions at Once, The Lost Album.

A collection of untitled works and alternative takes.

11 Likes

Did not know this! Just chance that I am playing one of his cd’s tonight.

2 Likes

It’s on Tidal, where I played (and enjoyed ) it for the first time.

Mark O’Connor - Appalachian Journey

I don’t play this very often, but it’s a damn fine disc!

3 Likes

There’s a 4 cd set of the complete recordings of Kursaal Flyers that has just been released. I really need to get hold of this.

1 Like

Santana | Abraxas | 1970
A very happy fiftieth anniversary to this one, nicely remastered by those MoFi folk in 2016

24 Likes

17 Likes

Khruangbin continues to dominate my listening time, sounding superb.

2 Likes