What are you listening to in 2020 and WHY might anyone be interested?

Ha ha ha… :wink:

2 Likes

Roxy Music
From the Vinyl box set all remastered at half speed by Miles from Abbey Road

17 Likes

18 Likes

Durand Jones & The Indications - American Love Call

5 Likes

LP - Analogue Productions 2013 reissue / limited edition no.0866 : )

John Coltrane - tenor saxophone
Red Garland - piano
Paul Chambers - bass
Arthur Taylor - drums

Recorded at Van Gelder Studio, Hackensack, NJ on 23rd August 1957

<>

On this day in 1967, John Coltrane aged 40, died of liver cancer.

Biographer Lewis Porter suggested that the cause of Coltrane’s illness was hepatitis, although he also attributed the disease to Coltrane’s heroin use. Coltrane’s death surprised many in the music community who were unaware of his condition. Miles Davis said, “Coltrane’s death shocked everyone, took everyone by surprise. I knew he hadn’t looked too good… But I didn’t know he was that sick—or even sick at all.”

John Coltrane 1926-1967

13 Likes

Not a huge lover of late-80s Dead, but this is a good boot, with good sound and an excellent performance by the boys:

11 Likes

Freddie Hubbard - Hub Cap - 2003 Blue Note / EU CD / RVG Edition / 7243 5 42302 2 6

freddiehubbardhubcap

11 Likes

Regardless of the sound quality I’ve always enjoyed the performances and atmosphere on ‘Jazz at the Plaza’ vol 1.

G

1 Like

John Lee Hooker - whiskey & wimmen

11 Likes

Linda Ronstadt - Simple Dreams

14 Likes

8 Likes

Pyotr Ilytch Tchaikovsky, Piano Concerto No. 1. Martha Argerich, piano. Berlin Philharmonic, Claudio Abbado. DGG reissue on vinyl, part of a 6-LP set.

You hear a piano piece a hundred times, then you listen to Marta Argerich’s performance and suddenly her fire and passion become more contagious than COVID-19! Abbado and the Berlin Philharmonic jump on board to make this version incomparable. Very good DGG remastering, sounds like AAA.

Claude

7 Likes

Jeff Russo

Star Trek: Picard – Season 1 (Original Series Soundtrack)

Edward

4 Likes

Effortless and brilliant music from a man at peace with the world. The Beatles were all-but done, he was deeply in love and with a new family. Settling into farm life. The album was severely underrated on release, but I think should now be regarded as genius.

2 Likes

The Red Garland Quintet - All Mornin’ Long - 1987 OJC / US CD / OJCCD 293 2
Featuring John Coltrane on Tenor Saxophone - Recorded in Hackensack, NJ, November 15, 1957.

8 Likes

Kursaal Flyers in The Great Artiste

8 Likes

A couple of years ago SWMBO requested, for Christmas, a DVD of ‘The Singing Ringing Tree’ to take her back to when she was a 5 year old… Oh my God! Strangely, as an 10 or 11 year old it almost made sense, 50 years later it was like some drugged out surreal bad trip.

3 Likes

I was shocked it was in colour until I remembered we had a black & white telly at the time !

3 Likes

Yes - The Yes Album - 2003 Atlantic / German CD / 8122 73788 2

Don’t surround yourself with yourself
Move on back two squares

23 Likes

Ian Gomm - Summer Holiday

3 Likes