What are you listening to in 2020 and WHY might anyone be interested?

Inspired by @Debs
Been exploring more Jazz thanks to streaming.

Qobuz 192/24

13 Likes

The early Band albums really are essential classics, this one in particular but as time goes by I am amazed at how good the later releases were. Northern lights,moondog matinee, islands,jubilation. The list just goes on. What an incredible er…Band

4 Likes

By coincidence currently playing Machine head. Can’t get Smoke on the water riff out of my head

3 Likes

@Gazza, I spotted this lady in an earlier post, but as you have brought her to my attention, she is queued up in Qobuz.

1 Like

And the verdict is stereo v mono?

1 Like

My second favourite blue note album maybe. It keeps changing :sunglasses:

1 Like

Devadip Carlos Santana - The Swing Of Delight, a solo album in a jazz vein, with many revered musicians from that genre backing him.

7 Likes

13 Likes

5 Likes

Northern Lights has always been of my favourite albums.

1 Like

Now playing…

Anouar Brahem - Le voyage de Sahara

Anouar Brahem (Oud), François Couturier (Piano) and Jean-Louis Matinier (Accordion).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/24)… continuing on this afternoon after a long walk with the wife with another of Anouar’s fine albums. This trio is sounding mighty sweet and the description from the ECM webpage covers it all so well, “The result is far more than an expression of Arabic traditions; echoes of Satie, Paris cafés, flamenco, and Balkan music infuse the melodies. Accordion, oud and piano continually exchange roles, each providing melody, rhythm, and ornamental filigree.”

5 Likes

Sandy Denny; Solo, BBC Session from December 1973

Incredible. A voice, a piano captured brilliantly by I think Jeff Griffin, for the BBC. Every note, every chord. And the vocal on top. Just amazing.

5 Likes

Eels Shootenanny

14 Likes

Elmore James The Sky is Crying

7 Likes

Elton John 17-11-70 (double album) remastered.

11 Likes

Ry Cooder Get Rhythm

15 Likes

Talking Heads Fear of Music

19 Likes

I need to get myself in the Mood to assemble some Ikea Flat Pack !!!

8 Likes

I’ve always found the easiest way to assemble IKEA is to get my wife to do it. :rofl::rofl:

6 Likes

I would normally but shes just gone to Dubai my Daughter expecting so stuck in France!!!

1 Like