What are you listening to in 2020 and WHY might anyone be interested?

Bob Dylan’s latest and it’s sounding mighty fine.

14 Likes

Natalie Merchant - Ophelia - WAV CD rip
Also tempted to listen to Natalie by @AndyP, lovely songs superbly sung by NM.

15 Likes

Now playing…

Eleni Karaindrou - David

Kim Kashkashian (Viola), Eleni Karaindrou Ensemble, Camerata Orchestra: Alexandros Myrat (Conductor).

Streaming on Qobuz… continuing on this Saturday morning with this beautiful album from Eleni with mezzo-soprano and baritone singers, instrumental soloists, choir and orchestra. A beautiful piece of music and sounding sublime!

3 Likes

Why? Tests the kit and tests the ears. :slight_smile:

10 Likes

I get your point, I sure hope she wanted to do it, but based on all the horror stories we hear about women in the show business we can’t be sure.

Claude

Citizen Steely Dan 1972 - 1980
It’s been a couple of years since I’ve delved into the Dan’s long box, so I’ve set it off from track one (ripped CD1 of 4) and let it run… sixty six tracks of pure bliss coming up.

16 Likes

And now a little mellow with a glass of Pomerol and the eving sun streaming in.

IMG_0614

8 Likes

John Cale - Paris 1919.

11 Likes

Eagles - Live At The Beacon Theater 1974 - WAV CD rip
From an excellent radio recordings boxset, classy performances of some of their best songs, Linda Ronstadt and Jackson Browne help out. SQ pretty good for what it is, and the music shines through.

10 Likes

18 Likes

The Waifs - Up All Night

Australian folk rock at its finest.

6 Likes

This guy cost me a ND555 after a few bars on the piano…still luv him.

13 Likes

Neil Finn & Liam Finn - Lightsleeper. A dreamy pop album from the Finns, with lots of family contributions and Mick Fleetwood guests on drum on some tracks.

7 Likes

16 Likes

Now playing…

Ray LaMontagne - Monovision

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… taking this very fine album that was recently released by Ray out for another spin and he is sounding so sublime! This is one sweet album…

14 Likes

The Pretenders were a band I’d heard of whilst growing up, only today am I actually listening to them, I like it!

10 Likes

Plumhall - The Ghost of Noise - WAV CD rip
Very enjoyable folk duo, well written songs, nice acoustic guitar work and lovely male/female harmony vocals.

2 Likes

And now.

3 Likes

So I waited for the vinyl release before listening to this fabulous album. As ever Dylan is full of surprises, just where did this come from? Just a brilliant collection of songs. He sounds in great voice (for Dylan), there’s a nod to his music past on more than one track but he gets away with it. If you like Bob this is the album you’ve been waiting for. Can’t recommend enough. Sorry to over enthuse!

15 Likes

Another great recommendation from here, wow what a voice, this is one great album.

7 Likes