What are you listening to in 2020 and WHY might anyone be interested?

Having discovered the band thanks to @ewemon I’ve queued the whole Qobuz catalogue.

Spanking Charlene - Dismissed with a kiss

16 Likes

Third of their albums this morning.

Spanking Charlene - Where are the freaks?

Ian McNabb. Head like a rock. Had this on a cassette tape way back (google it) Would buy it today but price gone through the roof. Reminds me of Crazy Horse (joke) Great stuff.

10 Likes

Been up since very early this morning but in the past couldn’t listen to whole albums as a result of my good old days.

1 Like

Brilliant album - Ian was top of his game - saw him live around the time of this release.

1 Like

(The mighty) Caravan - Waterloo Lily

11 Likes

Qobuz has 5 tracks available now of the new Gregory Porter album due for release 28 th August. Great voice and production ,perhaps a bit safe, but enjoyeable.

9 Likes

<>

:balloon: :balloon: Happy Birthday Brian May! :balloon: :birthday:

Born in Hampton Hill, Twickenham, England :uk:

73 years old Today! :grinning: :+1:

14 Likes

Sill sounds better on vinyl.

10 Likes

On vinyl - superb trio jazz from the Israeli ace of bass.

5 Likes

@Debs Not the most obvious track to show his guitar skills, but he did write and sing this. Happy Birthday Brian May, if you ever visit here you will be in ‘Good Company’.

13 Likes

The year after I graduated (mid-‘80s) the alumnus group (Royal College of Science Association) had Brian May as the guest of honour at the annual dinner (a change from the usual Professor). He took some amusement in gently teasing a few Professors who’d been there in his day about the advice that he’d received, “You’ll be back to finish your PhD, bands never last”.

5 Likes

Caravan - If I Could Do It All Over Again, I’d Do It All Over You.

Was there ever a longer album title?

11 Likes

From 1979, Turn You To Love sees TC taking a somewhat misguided step into contemporary trends such as disco, and the result is a very patchy album (the cover of the Dan’s “Do It Again” is a real head-scratcher). Still, his voice is magnificent as ever.

11 Likes

Brinsley Schwarz - Silver Pistol

8 Likes

Terry Callier - Timepeace / 1998 Verve / UK CD / 539 249 2

Joining in with my favorite TC release, Lazarus Man and Love Theme From Spartacus are stunning.

9 Likes

Not listened to this in years…beautiful!

10 Likes

51gHFSJrsDL.AC

On vinyl…

4 Likes

Caravan - Access All Areas

Caravan live, released 2015. Not as good as the Fairfield Halls album from 1974.

3 Likes