What are you listening to in 2020 and WHY might anyone be interested?

One of my favourite old albums but I always think of it more as progressive/psychedelic rock than folk.

2 Likes

3 Likes

Samantha Crain - A Small Death

1 Like

Lovely trumpet player this fella
‘I Love You Porgy: Summertime’ & ‘In a Sentimental Mood’ are the 2 standout tracks for me

Peter Asplund Quartet
Peter Asplund (t) (flug)
Jacob Karlzon §
Hans Andersson (b)
Johan Ramsey (d)

UK first press vinyl:

6 Likes

Tyla Gang - Yachtless

2 Likes

@Klout10 By coincidence this was released only a couple of days ago!

Barry Gray / Thunderbirds OST Limited Edition / Sky Blue Double Heavyweight Vinyl

8 Likes

Did you get to see Icicle Works and is their catalogue worth listening to? Thanks :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes
3 Likes

Nice!

1 Like

My people were fair and had sky in their hair but now their content to wear stars on their brows
Phew! (Tyrannosaurus Rex):sunglasses:

5 Likes

When the Pawn Hits the Conflicts He Thinks Like a King What He Knows Throws the Blows When He Goes to the Fight and He’ll Win the Whole Thing 'fore He Enters the Ring There’s No Body to Batter When Your Mind Is Your Might So When You Go Solo, You Hold Your Own Hand and Remember That Depth Is the Greatest of Heights and If You Know Where You Stand, Then You Know Where to Land and If You Fall It Won’t Matter, Cuz You’ll Know That You’re Right , by Fiona Apple.

And yes, it’s as bad as the title might lead you to expect.

4 Likes

This weekend’s Listening:

Prokofiev, Romeo & Juliette
Led Zepp IV
Led Zepp, Mothership
Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots
Wicked Musical
Ultravox, Vienna
Pat Metheny, Upojenie
Genesis, Turn It On Again
Bon Jovi, This Left Feels Right
This is The Moody Blues
Jethro Tull, Thick as a Brick
Thin Lizzy Greatest Hits D1
Rimsky Korsakov, Scheherazade, Leinsdorf, VPO
Peter Gabriel, Scratch My Back
Martin Sexton, Seeds
Tears for Fears, Raoul & The Kings of Spain
Plant & Krauss, Raising Sand
The Alan Parsons Project, Pyramid
Various, Power Ballads
Billy Joel, Piano Man
Queen, Live Magic
Diana Krall, A Night in Paris
McCartney, Back in the World

9 Likes

Mark Kozelek - What’s Next To The Moon
Enjoying this recommendation from @Pete_the_painter

1 Like

71EguI3LnFL.SS500

On vinyl…

10 Likes

Johannes Brahms, Piano Concerto No. 1. Hélène Grimaud, piano. Symphonie-Orchester des Bayerischen Rundfunks, Andris Nelsons DGG LP.

I heard Grimaud playing Brahms’ No. 1 at the Montréal Maison Symphonique shortly after the CD was released and immediately bought it. Then I also bought the LP when it came out. One of the most beautiful piano concertos of the repertoire played by an insightful and passionate artist.

HlneGrimaudBrahmConcert31655_f

Claude

11 Likes

Have you listened to the Trevor Pinnock Bach Harpsichord album yet?

Band of Horses Why Are You OK, listening while watching F1 (and flicking tithe cricket).

7 Likes

No I didn’t BUT snapped all their albums on I think it was Cherry Red reissues - some ran to 3 CDs per album.

On the bonus tracks Ian does some absolutely brilliant covers like Rock n’ Roll by Led Zeppelin and a stunning must hear cover of the Byrds/Mcguinn merge of Triad & Chestnut Mare.

I think Ian might be re-touring the band.

1 Like

Not yet, but it’s in my cart for the next order at the River

Claude