What are you listening to in 2020 and WHY might anyone be interested?

Dixie Chicks - Gaslighter

New release on Friday just gone and surely wins the award for most garish cover of the year. Just started it up so can’t comment on the music yet, but as fans of the Dixie Chicks, Mrs G and I are hoping it’s a good one.

Dixie Chicks dropped Dixie from their name very recently to become The Chicks. The connotation of the word Dixie being to do with slavery in the southern states. I am surprised to see they are still named as Dixie Chicks on the cover, and wonder if this might change for future pressings.

5 Likes

The Beatles | A Hard Day’s Night | 1964
Well, why not? The Fabs always are.

17 Likes

Now playing…

Frazey Ford - U Kin B The Sun

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… continuing on this morning with this Frazey Ford album released this past February. I have taken it out for a couple of previous spins and enjoy the music quite a bit, lovely vocals and music!

5 Likes

A bunch of trax off each of these releases coming out in Aug/Sept this year.

Still a ton of new sets to listen to so going to take a break but will pop in every now and again.

5 Likes

On CD. Great tracks from Ronnie Laws, Nancy Wilson, Eddie Henderson, Gary Bartz etc…

5 Likes

Queen

A Day At the Races

Edward

12 Likes

Revolver | 1966
One of the Fab’s finest and a change in emphasis for them, obviously totally pissed off with having to pay 90 pence in tax for every pound they earned, as did my old man at the time, horrific!. The good old days ?..

23 Likes

Haven’t got a clue what that means but I’m guessing it’s good :slightly_smiling_face:

Now playing…

Jason Isbell and the 400 Unit - Reunions

Jason Isbell (Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar, Piano, Vocals), Jay Buchanan (Vocals), Dave Cobb (Shaker), David Crosby (Vocals), Derry Deborja (Keyboards, Omnichord, Organ, Piano), Chad Gamble (Drums, Tambourine), Jimbo Hart (Bass), Amanda Shires (Fiddle, Vocals) and Sadler Vaden (Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar, Nylon String Guitar).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… continuing on through the noon hour with Jason and this very fine and talented group of vocalists and musicians. This is one sweet album!

9 Likes

IMG_0610

This Bonny Light Horseman album is my favourite release of the year so far and, for me, it will take something very special to top it.

7 Likes

@Lorro1 He has a new live one out, called Across The Water. It’s also superb.

Probably the best master of this album.

15 Likes

The Derek Trucks Band - Roadsongs, a live double album.

7 Likes

Couldn’t agree more. And yet, there are such places as Stereogum where they put out a hit on anyone daring to suggest that the blessed Fiona isn’t the greatest musical genius of all time. (Spoiler: She ain’t.)

7 Likes

Contains How Does It Feel and Far Far Away - they knew how to write a tune.

5 Likes

Now playing…

The Gloaming - 2

Martin Hayes (Fiddle), Dennis Cahill (Guitar), Thomas Bartlett (Piano), Caoimhín Ó Raghallaigh (Hardanger d’Amore), and Iarla Ó Lionáird (Voice).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)…. continuing on this afternoon with ‘The Gloaming’ and they are sounding spectacular! Love their albums…

4 Likes

Just seen that Emitt Rhodes has died - a rare talent.

3 Likes

I’ve not played this Cinematic Orchestra album for a while. A favourite from last year.

4 Likes

Henry McCullough - Ballywonderland - WAV CD rip
Beautiful folk rock numbers sung in a lovely gentle style, with sublime guitar work from the Wings guitarist. Wonderful discovery through this thread, cheers @Gazza.

3 Likes