What are you listening to in 2020 and WHY might anyone be interested?

With Mrs Pete away for a few days, time to roll out a few she finds difficult, loud. My fav 90s album Radiohead OK Computer. While I wouldn’t come to blows over wether it was the best album of the decade or not it is in imo a masterpiece.

18 Likes

Followed by Portishead self titled album.

13 Likes

when I old, going to write a paper on Pink Floyd and Radiohead different but also the same

2 Likes

Spot on, I’ll go out on a limb and say that I think OK Computer is every bit as good as DSOTM. There you go I’ve said it. I’m playing one more album and going to log off and hide. :+1::rofl::rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

Steely Dan Countdown to Ecstasy

19 Likes

Folder

4 Likes

1 Like

Al Green. Call me. Yes it’s one of those mornings. I do own multiple copies of this 1973 album.

8 Likes

7 Likes

3 Likes

The Moody Blues, Greatest Hits, cd rip

something inoffensive on pc speakers whilst in the office…

6 Likes

Focus - Moving Waves / 2001 Red Bullet / Netherland CD / RB 66 188

A wake up call to great music - all those years ago!

focus moving waves

17 Likes

Around the time u started with proper HiFi I was an avid reader of HiFi News and Record Review
One of their reviews rated this album and it became part of my demo music playlist
Now repurposed as an “electric ears” Test piece ((Phonak)

Andreas Vollenweider Caverna Magica

Described as New Age / Space Music

7 Likes

Lloyd Cole Standards.

5 Likes

A random pick from the ever-growing “Discs I’ve had for years that I’ve never actually listened to” pile:

9 Likes

Focus - 3 / 2001 Red Bullet / Netherlands CD / RB 66 189

Following on from Moving Waves - the desire to play this was inevitable!

12 Likes

From 1978, on UK vinyl, the debut album by the talented duo of Janice Marie Johnson and
Hazel Payne. Contains the global disco monster “Boogie Oogie Ooogie”. Great bass playing from Janice, too.

5 Likes

Bill Frisell - Valentine

Is there anyone else who plays like Bill Frisell? His clean bright tone, widely spaced intervals and the occasional rapid arpeggio linking these seemingly disparate notes? When it was only possible to hear three tracks on Qobuz I said it seemed quite a mixed bag of styles. Well that’s still true, of course, but there’s a degree of continuity throughout, which may just be the tone and flavour he creates. Who knows? It definitely warrants further listening, even his version of Bacharach’s What the World Needs Now, which provides the platform for some explorations of tonal variation around the fingerboard. Worth checking out.

5 Likes

More disco gorgeousness. Great 2-CD compilation of Odyssey’s greatest hits (and there were many of them). Contains, as you’d expect, the mighty “Going Back To Me Roots”.

4 Likes

5 Likes