What are you listening to in 2020 and WHY might anyone be interested?

Sit Down Beside Me · Patrick Watson

2 Likes

Michael Kiwanuka - One More Night

2 Likes

PG at his best Melt, half speed master double album perfect

23 Likes

Paul McCartney - Egypt Station: Explorer’s Edition.

11 Likes

PJ Harvey - The Wind

2 Likes

PJ Harvey - The River

1 Like

I’m convinced that if I picked up a guitar and began practicing I could play like Bill withing 2-3 weeks.

Ry Cooder - Bop Till You Drop.

18 Likes

On CD:

6 Likes

Franz Schubert, Trout Quintet. The Festival Quartet, with Victor Babin on piano. RCA Victor 180g vinyl reissue.

There are many versions of the famous Trout Quintet out there, but this one from 1957 still ranks amongst the best. Before its reissue vinyl copies of that album were selling for several hundred dollars… if one was lucky enough to find it!

The original version was recorded on 35mm film, which makes it spectacular from a SQ perspective. A great moment even for people who don’t normally listen to classical music.

Schubert Trout Festival

Claude

6 Likes

Scott White - contrabass
Kay Luebke - drums, percussion
tobias tinker - piano, accordion, soundscapes
„The second album from Berlin’s Stillness3, a trio of jazz musicians playing contemplative jazz - less notes, more intention - simple compositions and extended improvisations and a fresh sound based on deep listening.“

On cd:

9 Likes

New on Qobuz today nice relaxing album.

6 Likes

6 Likes

Grateful Dead, Live/Dead, cd rip

Mainly for the 22+ mins that’s Dark Star - superb psychedelic rock.

7 Likes

Tubby Hayes - Mexican Green

Tubby’s best studio album that I’m aware of. This version from last year’s Fontana box set, which is a fine remaster.

6 Likes

Magazine - The Correct Use Of Soap

CD I’d ordered a week or so back turned up. Used to play this a lot when it came out.

4 Likes

Various, 12"/80s Electro Pop, double cd rip

The 80s was the decade of the 12" single :slight_smile:

2 Likes

On CD

4 Likes

Wishbone Ash | Coat of Arms | 2020
I had totally forgotten that I’d downloaded this when it was released! Making up for that oversight and giving it a play now.

7 Likes