What are you listening to in 2020 and WHY might anyone be interested?

Lol

Diana Krall - Wallflower: The Complete Sessions.

14 Likes

Jimi Hendrix Experience - Are You Experienced?

Another one I’ve not listened to in an age. And for a change it’s the vinyl I’ve pulled out. Just got to make sure I stay awake…

17 Likes

Mmmm. Because it’s you I’m going to check this out.

Great album! What is ‘15’? When released?

Released today. Kate’s lockdown output. Covers of many and varied artists’ songs - Ray Davies, Bob Marley, Coldplay, James Taylor and Taylor Swift, just to name a few. Interesting!

7 Likes

their last release back in 2017. I’ve ordered a vinyl; copy.

3 Likes

Now playing…

Bill Frisell - When You Wish Upon A Star

Bill Frisell (Electric Guitar, Acoustic Guitar), Petra Haden (Voice), Eyvind Kang (Viola) Thomas Morgan (Bass) and Rudy Royston (Drums, Percussion).

Streaming on Qobuz (88.2/24)… continuing on this afternoon after returning from a long walk with my wife and playing another album from Bill. This was a Grammy nominated 2016 - Best Contemporary Instrumental Album featuring the role of music in film and television and it is one very fine album!

9 Likes

Today’s arrival with a shattered case, not the end of the world. The 1990 recording is a dandy.

8 Likes

Elton John The One

5 Likes

Now playing…

Bruce Hornsby (Piano), Chad Wright (Drums), Gibb Droll (Guitar), J.V. Collier (bass), J.T. Thomas (keyboards), John Mailander (Violin), Rob Moose (Violin), Mike Lewis (Bass), J.T. Bates (Drums), Hideaki Aomori (Clarinet), James Mercer Vocals on track 5), Jamila Woods (Vocals on track 6), Vernon Reid (Guitar on Track 6) and Leon Russell (Vocals on track 8).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… a new album released by Bruce Hornsby today and taking out for a spin and the opening track is sounding mighty fine and looking forward to the rest of the album.

7 Likes

Blondie - Plastic Letters (vinyl)

Who will ever forget Debbie on The Old Grey Whistle Test singing “Presence, Dear” from this, their second record. She looked stunning, the band rocked and she could have sung Happy Birthday and I would have still been hooked. One of those iconic moments.

The record? Oh the first side is great, the flip side is pretty average but who cares!

Peter

15 Likes

Interesting I’ll check that out. I love his last album. :+1:

1 Like

Blue in Heaven - Explicit Material (vinyl)

Short lived Irish guitar band from the 80’s. This was their second and last album. Think Iggy Pop fronting Joy Division/early New Order. A largely forgotten record but one of the great lost Irish albums.

Peter

2 Likes

Elvis Costello Punch the Clock.

14 Likes

Now playing…

Diane Krall - Wallflower (The Complete Sessions)

Diana Krall (Piano, Vocals), |Sean Billings (Trumpet), Michael Bublé (Vocals), Dennis Crouch (Bass), Joey DeFrancesco )Hammond B3), Matt DeMerritt (Tenor Saxophone), Nathan East (Bass), Georgie Fame (Vocals), David Foster (Horn Arrangements, Keyboards, Orchestral Arrangements, Piano, String Arrangements, String Quartet), Diana Foster (Orchestral Arrangements), Vince Gill (Vocals), Bernie Herms (Orchestral Arrangements), Jerry Hey (Horn Arrangements), Steve Jordan (Drums), Jim Keltner (Drums), Chris Lea (Tenor Saxophone), Elizabeth Lea (Trombone), Christian McBride (Bass), Sarah McLachlan (Vocals), Vince Mendoza (Orchestral Arrangements), Blake Mills (Guitar), Graham Nash (Vocals), Everton Nelson (Orchestra Leader), Rafael Padilla (Percussion), Dean Parks (Acoustic Guitar), Karriem Riggins (Drums), William Ross (Orchestral Arrangements), Jochem van der Saag (Sound Design, Synthesizer), Timothy B. Schmit (Vocals), Ramón Stagnaro (Acoustic Guitar),Stephen Stills (Electric Guitar, Vocals), Michael Thompson (E-Bow, Guitar, Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar), and Chris Walden (Orchestral Arrangements, String Arrangements, String Quartet).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… I came across a single track for an album to be released in September and decided to continue on with an older release from Diane and she and the talented group of musicians working with her are sounding sublime!

12 Likes

A talented couple.

1 Like

Bob Marley and the Wailers Kaya

10 Likes

Booker T and the MGs Hip Hug-Her (got-a love that title).

8 Likes

Bowie, Lodger.

16 Likes