What are you listening to in 2020 and WHY might anyone be interested?

Scheherezade Syphonic Suite Op. 35 - Rimsky Korsakov.
Andrew Litton, cd rip

One of our few items of classical music. I remember popping into a music store and asking for what they considered was the best recording of this and a very knowledgeable women behind the counter said this was the production to get. I’m not an expert but it does sound rather good.

2 Likes

Love Bill’s music and closest to him would be Jakob Bro.

Bill does have a very wide variety of musical styles and has played with dozen of musicians, jazz, rock, folk, county, classical, world, etc…

A number of his albums are available via download and CD’s on his website as well as the usual outlets.

1 Like

Now playing…

June Tabor - Ashore

June Tabor (vocals), Andy Cutting (diatonic accordion), Mark Emerson (viola & violin), Tim Harries (double bass) and Huw Warren (piano).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… kicking off this Friday morning with June’s “Ashore” album and she and the band are sounding mighty fine! One sweet album.

9 Likes

Very enjoyable.

2 Likes

The Cars
24/96 Flac

18 Likes

Wishbone Ash | 1970
Time for some proper 'Ash and their eponymous debut album.

7 Likes

It really feels like i’m playing the acoustic guitar or bongos, think i’ll take my pick. :sunglasses:

13 Likes

Just starting

7 Likes

Rag 'n Bone Man | Human | 2017
I’ve not had this out for a while and what a powerful title track it has.

15 Likes

Now playing…

Bill Frisell - Valentine

Bill Frisell (Guitars), Thomas Morgan (Bass) and Rudy Royston (Drums).

Streaming on Qobuz (88.2/24)… a few members mentioned this album above and in the Jazz thread that had me place this album in the queue (and also went to Bill’s webpage and ordered a CD) and now taking out for a spin! Love Bill and his music and the opening track ‘Hour Glass’ is sounding mighty fine…

7 Likes

Enjoying this new album

6 Likes

Introduced to me by my 25 year old son…i think he got fed up listening to endless versions of CSN… :roll_eyes:

Laura Marling - Song For Our Daughter

Impeccable song writing.

Cheers

6 Likes

Fiona Apple - Fetch The Bolt Cutters

4 Likes

Bob Dylan. Hard rain. Friday night is live music night.:microphone:

13 Likes

7 Likes

Mention of Gagarin in here leads to

4 Likes

4 Likes

Why? Because I’m waiting for 15 on vinyl to arrive.

3 Likes

Is that a very early Adele release?

4 Likes