What are you listening to in 2020 and WHY might anyone be interested?

5 Likes

New Fleet Foxes ‘Shore’ which was a nice surprise release. Pleasingly pastoral, upbeat and melodic but at 15 tracks feels a bit baggy. More time with it may help

Bruce

6 Likes

Sparks - Kimono My House

Weird songs for weird times, and the times are always weird with the fabulous Mael brothers.

12 Likes

In Tune Mix Tape on R3.

Astounding from NAT05.

1 Like

This beautifully-recorded CD is a collaboration between pianist Hawkins and cellist Reid. Although some listeners will find the results challenging, the pair work beautifully together, and Reid coaxes a vast array of sounds from her cello.

1 Like

How did you manage to get a hard copy ?
This album is due for a February 2021 release ???

Now playing…

Shai Maestro - The Dream Thief

Shai Maestro (Piano), Jorge Roeder (Double Bass) and Ofri Nehemyha (Drums).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… moving on this morning with Shai’s ‘The Dream Thief’ with his very talented and fine trio. They are sounding so sweet and just love this album! …well worth the time to give a listen.

5 Likes

Fairport Convention - Unhalfbricking.

Great songs and the sublime voice of Sandy Denny.

20 Likes

Not played this band in a while, Algerian rock and folk…superb. @dave-marshall…worth a listen ?

6 Likes

Bandcamp is hi res.

7 Likes

Giving it a bash on yon Tidal thingy, which, given that it was a Record Store Day limited vinyl release, is quite pleasing.

More top quality desert trance blues from Tamikrest … great shout, Gazza. :+1:

1 Like

Tamikrest.Thanks.Good call

1 Like

Now playing…

Bob Dylan - Rough and Rowdy Ways

Bob Dylan (Vocals, Guitar, Harmonica), Charlie Sexton (Guitar), Bob Britt (Guitar), Donnie Herron (Steel Guitar, Violin, Accordion, Mandolin), Tony Garnier (Bass Guitar, Acoustic Bass) and Matt Chamberlain (Drums).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… continuing on into the noon hour with Bob and his fantastic ‘Rough and Rowdy Ways’ album and he and the band is sounding so sweet! One very fine album…

19 Likes

Jefferson Airplane - Surrealistic Pillow

I’m not the world’s biggest fan of the Airplane, but I do love Today and Comin’ Back To Me.

15 Likes

Sting - The Dream Of The Blue Turtles.

19 Likes

The Stranglers - Singles the UA Years

Every one is a gem, and the album is a journey back to the youth in a lot of us.

12 Likes

1 Like

3 Likes

2 Likes