What are you listening to in 2020 and WHY might anyone be interested?

On Qobuz today for download, CD quality or High Res.

Lots of reviews around so I guess the release changed

Great choice! Much as the later incarnation of Fleetwood Mac entertained us all with some classic soft rock tunes, along with some equally entertaining tales of debauchery and excess, the music of the “original” line up still gets my vote.

2 Likes

A rip roar version of Shakin’ All Over

2 Likes

Haven’t played this for a while!

5 Likes

He did some great work with Mary Black, quite some time ago…saw the pair at the RAH with her band at that time…you could tell he was something special in the mix.

4 Likes

17 Likes

Some of her best interpretations were Jimmie Mac, some old, some new.

8 Likes

I absolutely love this Ane Brum album!

5 Likes

Too Much Too Soon - indeed it was.

9 Likes

Rod Stewart - A Night On The Town.

10 Likes

Now Playing…

Andrew Cyrille - Lebroba

Andrew Cyrille (Drums), Wadada Leo Smith (Trumpet) and Bill Frisell (Guitar).

Streaming on Qobuz (88.2/24)… continuing on this afternoon with ‘Lebroba’ featuring three master craftsman, top in their fields, and sounding absolutely outstanding! A fantastic album, just love it…

6 Likes

Richard & Linda Thompson - Pour Down Like Silver.

Because I wanted to listen to ‘Dimming of the Day’.

Linda Thompson really does have a fantastic voice.

10 Likes

The Great Wide World Of Quincy Jones, a superb big band release.

8 Likes

2 Likes

1 Like

Still think this is his best album. Haven’t played this in years

1 Like

Another old fav of mine.

1 Like

Video is an acoustic version of a track off the album

There is so much great music on this double compilation, Zephaniah particularly.

.sjb

3 Likes

Now playing…

Paul Simon - Graceland

Paul Simon (6-String Electric Bass, Guitar, Acoustic Guitar, Synclavier, Vocals), Demola Adepoju (Pedal Steel), Bakiti Kumalo (Bass), David W. Bargeron (Trombone), Adrian Belew (Guitar, Guitar Synthesizer), Steve Berlin (Saxophone), Ronald E. Brecker (Trumpet), Michele Cobbs (Vocals), The Everly Brothers (Vocals), Jon Faddis (Trumpet), Babacar Faye (Percussion), Alex Foster (Alto Saxophone), Steve Gadd (Drums), Earl Gardner (Trumpet), Diane Garisto (Vocals), Gaza Sisters (Vocals), Morris Goldberg (Penny Whistle, Soprano Saxophone), David Hildago (Accordion, Guitar, Vocals), Johnny Hoyt (Saxophone), Alonzo Johnson (Bass), Vusi Khumalo (Drums), Kim Allan Cissel (Trombone), Bakithi Kumalo (Bass), Ladysmith Black Mambazo (Vocals), Lloyd Lelose (Bass), Lewis Michael Soloff (Trumpet), Conrad Lozano (Bass), Ralph MacDonald (Percussion), Makhaya Mahlangu (Percussion), Mike Makhalemele (Saxophone), Petrus Manile (Drums), Lulu Masilela (Tambourine), Jonhjon Mkhaladi (Accordion), Forere Motloheloa (Accordion), Rob Mounsey (Synthesizer), |Isaac Mtshali (Drums), Youssou N’Dour (Percussion), Teaspoon Ndlela (Saxophone), Louie Pérez (Drums), Chikapa “Ray” Phiri (Guitar), Leonard Pickett (Tenor Saxophone), Barney Rachabane (Saxophone), Sherman Robertson (Guitar), Ronald E. Cuber (Baritone Saxophone, Bass Saxophone), Linda Ronstadt (Vocals), Cesar Rosas (Guitar, Vocals), Alan Rubin (Trumpet), Alton Rubin (Accordion), Alton Rubin Jr. (Drums), David Rubin (Washboard), Joseph Shabalala (Vocals), Assane Thaim (Percussion), and Daniel Xilakazi (Guitar, Rhythm Guitar).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… continuing this afternoon with Paul and this very large group of talented musicians and they are sounding superb! Everyone knows this is one fine album… and also a much loved album of my wife!

19 Likes