What are you listening to in 2020 and WHY might anyone be interested?

I was prompted to buy this 2014 CD (on RareNoiseRecords) by the promising line-up: bass titan Steve Swallow, Bobby Previte on drums and the wild piano virtuoso Jamie Saft. Just finished the first track and… wow! That promise has certainly been delivered. And in spades, too. Trio jazz at its best.

2 Likes

I got this from RareNoise a while back, it was recommended by Michael Fremer on Analogue Planet. interesting label

Reminds me of The Fast Show Jazz Club

2 Likes

Jimmy Smith Walk on the Wild Side

10 Likes

Osibisa. I have the 1971 vinyl but this 2008 cd is very good.
Criss cross rhythms that explode with happiness.
Just what we need :sunglasses:

12 Likes

Now there’s a band I haven’t seen or heard of since sharing a house on the beach in the 70s.

1 Like

Decadent days I’m sure.
Sounds just as good today
Actually @Pete_the_painter I think your 70s beach day memories would make a good thread
:thinking:

2 Likes

Love the track where Lee Morgan is soloing and Jimmy makes kind of like an alarming buzzer sound on his Hammond apparently signalling for Lee to end the solo. Lee continues with Jimmy continuing to try and musically gong him off. Cracks me up

9 Likes

Love Osibisa they were a great Band.
Greg Kofi Brown still performs and records with his band Togethor As One. Saw them at my local Ropetackle arts centre not long back, fantastic performance and a really nice guy
http://greggkofibrown.co.uk/about
:grin:

4 Likes

Echo & The Bunnymen - Bring On The Dancing Horses

Nice bass guitar, and backing vocals

5 Likes

Yes but problem is I don’t remember much. :scream:

2 Likes

Space - Female of the Species

1 Like

I’ve got 2 daughters and 7 granddaughters anything to help understand them would be appreciated. :rofl:

3 Likes

Art Blakey’s Jazz Messengers with Thelonious Monk

Having just recommended this to @Timbo to extend his knowledge of Monk’s music and introduce him to Blakey and the Jazz Messengers , I couldn’t resist playing it myself. It’s such a great album.

8 Likes

First listen to the vinyl of this. I was there when it was recorded, and a very enjoyable show it was too.

11 Likes

Velvet Revolver - Contraband

Fancied listening to some (more) of Slash’s work. Before I go and fiddle around with tyres and brakes this afternoon.

1 Like

Pacific Range - High Upon The Mountain
Thanks to @Premmyboy for the recommendation back in June, finally got around to playing it and so far it’s very enjoyable.

4 Likes

Lunchtime. Neighbours are out.
Listening to

Loud !

Led zep next

1 Like

Opted for

Instead.

8 Likes

Hooker ‘n Heat
Canned Heat & John Lee Hooker, Blues/R&B at its best with a great version of Boogie Chillen No. 2,

9 Likes

Well blow me down! I’ve loved this album for years and never realised it was Linda Ronstadt on that song. Will have to dig it out again this evening.

1 Like