What are you listening to in 2020 and WHY might anyone be interested?

Had no intention of starting my day with this but for some strange reason I’ve been humming “True Blue” all morning.

Rod Stewart Never A Dull Moment

17 Likes

Vinyl, arrived today. Great 90s-style electro:

1 Like

Rickie Lee Jones Kicks

8 Likes

Pink Floyd, Wish You Were Here, UK 1976 second press vinyl (A-1/B-7)

30 Likes

Great way to wind down your day.

1 Like

The Waterboys Where the Action Is

5 Likes

The Villagers Darling Arithmetic

4 Likes

Steven Cummings A New Kind of Blue

1 Like

Playing like always great, program more difficult to appreciate

3 Likes

Tom Petty Full Moon Fever

16 Likes

Since I retired I took the solemn vow not to watch/listen to any news or read a paper and I feel so much better for it. My radio listening in the car and house is either Radio 4 extra or Radio 3 although I’m purely rock n’ roll I find R3 very therapeutic. Very rarely find anything I want to dash out and buy but I heard An American in Paris and picked this up.

10 Likes

Anthony Philips, Strings of Light, cd rip

AMAZING… this is being played through our R100 DAB radio!!! SCM40s and amps went yesterday and the replacement AE1 actives are delayed :frowning: Anyway I dragged the R100 out of the cupboard thinking ‘I wonder if that will work through Bubble?’ and it does!! Okay, I admit. not quite the clarity and depth of bass as the 40s but… :wink:

1 Like

Claudio Abbado - Berlioz, Te Deum

Starting the day in grand style!

4 Likes

Pink Floyd, The Dark Side Of The Moon, cd rip

More testing with the R100… it doesn’t like higher res or sample rates - best to keep it to 44K/16bit, but Bubble handles that no problems. :wink:

15 Likes

Amy Winehouse Frank.

13 Likes

Earthquake, ligthning and thunder
Brimstone, fire and hailstone

Another Jimmy Cliff gem…

R-700349-1149281226.jpeg
:heart:

5 Likes

In the early eighties Jimmy was on a roll with the above and this album which lives up to its title, songs of love, spirituality, social comment and roots vibes
This one has indeed a special place in the hearts of my queen and I

R-1647602-1288032387.jpeg
:heart:

5 Likes

Melvyn Bragg’s In Our Time on BBC Radio 4. This week: cave paintings.

4 Likes

Always loved Under African Skies, the combination of Simon and Ronstadt works like a dream!

16 Likes

Time to unleash arguably Aus best band, don’t play this album that much but like most of their stuff it’s a excellent album.

The Go-Betweens Liberty Bell and Black Diamond.

8 Likes