What are you listening to in 2020 and WHY might anyone be interested?

Phil Lynott: Any girls out there with any Irish in them?..Any girls out there like a bit more Irish in them?
:rofl:

4 Likes

I was a little curious about the new Sufjan Stevens album “The Ascension”.

I am quite surprised. It seems to be kind of different. Very interesting.

3 Likes

I don’t think there’s ever been a better first track on a first album than Good Times Bad Times.

Or, at least, if there is one doesn’t spring to mind.

2 Likes

Gillian Welch - The Harrow and the Harvest

Mostly because I’ve spent most of the morning clearing out greenhouses and cutting back plants preparing for the winter. Feels very ‘harvesty’.

9 Likes

Larry Carlton - fingerprints / 2000 Warner / US CD / 9 47338 2

3 Likes

Rocking out this afternoon.

Hana cart really excelling on this. Deep bass, control and fine fingerclicking showing through.

7 Likes

On vinyl

10 Likes

I read somewhere that when he heard Led Zeppelin I, Jimi Hendrix told Jimmy Page that “it’s the drumming I’ve been looking for all my life”

Claude

2 Likes

I think that this could be a most interesting thread - best first track on a first album

Claude

Richard & Linda Thompson. Hard luck stories. Disc seven of 8. Covers Sunnyvista which is another album I am unfamiliar with. Possibly the weakest in the collection but only played once. Looking forward to the next disc which I do know.

7 Likes

Anna Von Hausswolff - All Thoughts Fly

5 Likes

On vinyl:
Bread - Baby i’m-a want you

13 Likes

On Vinyl

19 Likes

Ry Cooder - Pull Up Some Dust and Sit Down.

Not for the first time, Ry does some thought provoking choons with a political edge … and the best ever, bar none, John Lee Hooker tribute/impersonation.

13 Likes

I should listen to this much more often – I realised just now I’ve only sat down and listened to it once!

18 Likes

On vinyl

13 Likes

Just arrived in the post. Perfect spirit lifter after attending a funeral this pm.

14 Likes

Prince - Sign of the Times Remastered. I bought the vinyl deluxe version for my brother for his birthday today, he’s a massive Prince fan. When ordering a couple of days back I couldn’t resist getting the straight new vinyl version for myself too and it arrived today, really enjoying it with a dramatic improvement in sound from my old cd copy.

11 Likes

8 Likes

Peter Gabriel - 4
On Vinyl

14 Likes